Chapter 16 - Rider

The two bikers stared down at the man. They didn't know what to do with him. Rider doubted that he could get Fawn to leave so he could take him back to the club house. Maybe if he told her that ... argh she would believe that. His little bambi was too perceptive for that. The man's groaning snapped Rider out of his thoughts. Pulling his gun, he pointed at the man.

'So, you the fucker who hurt my bambi,' he snarled at him, it was taking all his strength right now not to put a bullet in his head right now.

'What the fuck are you talking about?' he groaned pushing himself up to his feet. His eyes glancing around for a weapon. Rider vaguely noticed that Fawns 'bed' looked like it had been slept in since he was last here. So, the bastard has been waiting for her.

'you know dam well what I am taking about' he growled at him. Nodding at Wielder, his brother left the room giving him some time with the man. Shoving his gun back in his belt Rider delivered a sharp upper cut to the man's gut. He doubled over in pain cursing. Rider swung again but the man dogged. The fucker was fast, he would give him that.

Rider heard a commotion outside, someone shouted for someone to block the door. What the hell was going on? Riders blood froze when he heard his girls voice.

'What's going on? Wielder let me go!' her angelic voice rang out. He heard Wielder grunt. Distracted by the commotion didn't noticed the guy sneaking up on him. He punched Rider hard in the jaw knocking his head back. Retaliating Rider delivered a sharp left hook causing him to stumble back, moving quickly he kicked out his legs causing him to fall onto the concreate floor. The blond man groaned on the floor. Rider pulled his fist back ready to knock the guy out so he would go quietly back to the club where Rider would string him up in the basement and then really take out the extent of his anger when a flash of flaxen hair appeared before him.

'Chase!' Fawn whimpered, dropping to the floor and cupping the cheek of the so called 'Chase'.

'Fawn?' he groaned slipping a broad arm around her waist as he moved to stand up with Fawn's help.

'Bambi! What are you doing come here' Rider told her horrified that she was in the arms of the enemy. He took a step frown to her ready to grab her wrist and pull her behind him. Chase glared at Rider, his arm effectively pushing Fawn behind at him

'stay back' he told her 'I won't let him hurt you'. The two men began to stand off, out of the corner of his eyes he saw Wielder, Gunner and Ink in the door way their expressions a mask of anger as they saw the outside advance on their brother.

Rider pulled out his gun, aiming it at Chase. He was not prepared for Fawn to jump in front of him, her hands up in a surrender gesture. Rider growled as Chase hooked his arms round Fawn midsection and tried to pull her away. She struggled as she fought to hold her grown

'Fawn, what are you doing?' both men shouted at her. She whimpered slightly at their tone and Rider cursed. What was she thinking?

'Rider stop!' she cried looking up at him pleadingly. Both men froze.

'You know this man?' Chase asked her, staring confusedly at Rider. She knew this guy? Who the hell was he to her. He made a sound trying to let him know he didn't like being referred to 'this guy'.

'Rider, just put the gun down' she told him, speaking in a way one would speech to a mad person.

'I'll put down the gun when he steps the hell away from you' Rider told her trying to aim the gun more at Chase rather at her. It was a simple task as she was so small and Chase was of a similar build to him. The only problem that was preventing him in putting a bullet through his head was the fact that Fawn was jumping around as she tried to stay in front of the man, protecting him.

'both of you stop it!' she yelled. The two men stood there shocked.

'Rider, this is my best friend Chase, he was the one who picked me up on the street she said gesturing to Chase who was eyeing him warily as he kept trying to push Fawn behind him.

'Chase,' she said turning to him, 'This is Rider, a few days ago I was, well the detail don't matter' she mumbled. Rider's heart aced for her, his poor little bambi found it hard to talk about it. 'he found me, patched me up and gave me a place to stay' she told him reaching out to grab Riders hand. Rider enclosed her small soft hand in his big one. Out of the corner of his eyes he watched Chase frown at her movement.

'he saved my life,' she admitted softly staring up at him her big brown eyes glistening with happiness. As much as Rider still wanted to punch Chase, he would lay of him if that was what Fawn wanted.

'is it your bike out back?' he asked, trying to find a mutual subject. Chase only nodded his jaw clenched as he glared at him. Well he had tried.

'let's get your stuff and you two can catch up back at the club' he told her squeezing her hand.

'She's not going anywhere with you' Chase's angry voice rung out through the warehouse.

Leave a comment and vote!

Kiki the kiwi 🥝