Part 37

Part 37

Uncle? Uncle? Why did life have to be so unfair as to make the Headmaster of Burswick Academy Dash's uncle? Now I understood why he never got in trouble.

"Uncle? He is your uncle?" I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't.

"Well great-uncle, technically," he corrected, flashing me a grin, causing my heart to dance the salsa.

"I have to go. I'll see you later," Tracey said, already walking over to the door.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me with him," I pleaded.

"Ben is calling; I'll come back as soon as I talk to him." How could Ben be calling her when he wasn't even here? She slammed the door shut, leaving me alone with Dash. I turned my attention back to him as soon as she was gone.

"He is your uncle?!"

"Great-uncle," he corrected.

"Does it matter? The point is, he is related to you, which means you get undue privileges." I told him.

"I do not get undue privileges," he argued.

"Yes you do! You can't get in trouble!" I stated.

"Okay, yeah, that happens. I don't get into trouble. I mean I do but I just don't care." He shrugged.

"See! This is not fair. I am going to talk to the Headmaster right now." I strode over to the door only to be stopped by him.

"That won't help you, shortcake," Dash said.

I froze "And why won't it?"

"Because I told him not to bother us for the next few hours," he replied, his blue eyes looking adorable.

"And why would you do that?" I questioned, stepping away from the door.

"Because I want you all to myself. The dance is in a few days and I am so excited to take you," he replied.

"What does that have to do with the Headmaster leaving us alone?" I enquired.

"Come sit on my lap and I'll tell you," he stated, patting his thighs in invitation.

I rolled my eyes. "No thank you. I'm fine where I am. Now answer my question."

"Forget it. I won't answer you if you won't sit on my lap." He crossed his arms in front of his chest in defiance. Why did he have to be such a child?

"Fine! Don't tell me. I will just ask someone else to take me to the dance." I'd meant it as a joke but the fury that flared to life in those blue irises made me realize that I might've made a mistake.

"You are not going to the dance with anyone but me. And besides, no one will take you." He told me.

"And why wouldn't they? What's wrong with me?" His words hurt my self-esteem, making me wonder what the boys of Burswick thought of me.

"You're perfect. That's what's wrong with you," he answered.

"Excuse me?" I couldn't understand him. If I was as perfect as he claimed me to be then why wouldn't anybody take me to the dance?

"I am saying that you are perfect; that is why I told every guy in the academy to stay the fuck away from you or else I will kill them, and trust me I would enjoy killing them for touching what's mine." His eyes flashed with murder before returning to normal.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? I mean you keep doing things I don't want you to do and then you don't even let me be angry," I complained.

"I make mistakes, chocolate chip; I don't do it on purpose." I threw him a poisonous glare. "Okay fine, I did ruin your relationship with Damien, because let's face it, I can't stand the fact of seeing you with anybody else; the mere thought makes my blood boil and I don't like it."