Part 17

Part 17

What?

How?

When?

Why?

Sierra Hutchins killed Janice? But that's not possible. It couldn't be. She was not one of Janice's friends. Heck, I hadn't even noticed her before today and she was the killer. I couldn't believe it. It didn't make any sense.

The two police officers strode forward, a pair of handcuffs in their hand. Sierra didn't even try to fight or object as the officers slid the cuffs around her wrists. In fact, there was no emotion on the girl's face. It was like she has accepted her fate and was completely alright with it.

The only sound that could be heard was the clinking of cuffs as they connected with each other, locking Sierra's wrists. The second officer started to tell Sierra about her rights, his voice monotone. Sierra listened to everything in silence, not uttering a single sound.

This was it. They were going to take her away to juvie since she was a minor. But why wasn't she saying anything? She should be throwing tantrums and demanding justice, but it was as if she actually killed Janice. However, I didn't think she was the killer.

After the cuffs were in place, the cops dragged Sierra out of the classroom, not bothering to say good bye and then there was silence. A cotton ball falling to the ground could've been heard, that's how thick and loud the silence was.

And then...It shattered.

"What the hell?!" A student at the back of the class exclaimed, rising from his chair, shock coating his face. "Sierra is the killer?" And that was all it took for the students to explode in a babble of voices. Every person tried to speak on top of the other, wanting to be heard, wanting answers. Tracey and I eyed each other with a mixture of confusion and surprise.

"How could this be possible? Sierra was not on our list of suspects," I said, completely ignoring my boyfriend who was sitting behind me.

"Uh, Bri, we only had two people on our list, and one of them is your boyfriend," Tracey responded. The teacher apparently wasn't too concerned with a class full of rowdy students, or maybe she was just as shocked as the rest of us and didn't care either way.

"We both know that Dash is not the killer...I think. But I was almost sure that Lauren is the killer. Who is Sierra Hutchins anyway? I never heard of her." I could not believe that actual killer wasn't even on our radar; I would make a terrible detective.

"Right, that leaves Lauren and she is clearly not the killer because the cops just arrested Sierra." Tracey huffed, clearly miffed about our suspicions being wrong.

"Wow, I cannot believe that bitch is the killer," Dash commented from behind me.

"You mind your language. Don't you know not to abuse girls? People like you grow up to be rapists, you know." I told him with a frown of disapproval.

"I want to be a dentist when I grow up," Dash replied.

"God help the human population's teeth," I taunted.

"You are my girlfriend!" He reminded me.

"Right. Of course. Being a dentist is very good," I corrected myself, grinning innocently at my ever-loving boyfriend.

"I thought so." Dash nodded, his face impassive as if he was sure that being a dentist was the best career to have.

"So, if you are done with your lover's quarrel for the day, what are we going to do now? The killer has been caught, so now what?" Tracey cut in, bringing our focus back to the main problem.