CHAPTER FIVE

ANDRESSA.

"Bows."

"Check."

"Arrows."

"Check."

"Swords."

"Check."

"Take your positions. Attack when I give signal."

"Andressa, cover your face."

"Rose, What are you doing here?"

"Take this."She handed  me a cup. It was filled with some greenish liquid.

"Is it tonic?"

"Ay,Ay Captain."

"We are Not pirates Rose.....we are dacoits."

"I was just joking." I drank the tonic in one gulp.

"So are you  ready?"

"Yes."

" No you are not."

"Why?"

"Cover your face."

"Umm .....yes."I covered the lower half of my face with a black cloth.

"Young Leader when will we start ?"

"In an hour."

"Rose tell Aunt that I am near the river."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~

I was staring at my reflection.My fingers running through the blades of grass.It had rained yesterday so it would be difficult for the tax collectors to walk as the soil would be marshy.So this would be a plus point if we hide and attack with arrows. I had done this many times.....but today I was feeling nervous ...I never felt nervous . I didn't know why. Suddenly I saw Eric.He was one of our trusted spies.

"Young leader... one of my spies informed me that..." He lowered his voice and whispered into my ear the message he had got.

" You have informed Aunt about this."

"No Leader."

"Don't inform her."

"Why?"

"Aunt doesn't have trust on royal blood."

"But-"

"I know what you are thinking Eric.Aunt may not trust them but I trust them."

"But why leader?"

"I don't know."

"Leader I am going to prepare."

"Fine."

I have never seen him.I have never talked to him, I don't know if I trust him but I know....... I am using him.

I bent down and saw my face in the other side of the crystal clear water of the river.

This river saved me.I owe her so much.But part of my heart is still afraid to cross it.

I covered my face and headed back to the camp

--------

"Andressa,are you fine.."

"Yes."

"Leader,they are here."

"Position."

"Rose, go back to camp."

They were coming nearer.......and this is it.

"ATTACK"