Edmonton Oilers - Connor McDavid

Jealous

You grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona the home of Auston Matthews. He was your best friend. You couldn't have been happier when he got drafted to Toronto. Last season when you went to Toronto to visit Auston they were playing the Oilers. That's when you meet your boyfriend Connor. You and Connor have been dating for about 10 months now and you were over the moon happy with him.

"Y/N? Are you listening to us?" You jumped at the sounds of Auston's voice.

"Umm yeah... No, not really."

"I told you, Matts, she wasn't listening," Mitch spoke while laughing.

"I'm sorry I zoned out for a minute."

"Probably thinking about your captain boyfriend of yours." Mitch's girlfriend Steph said.

"I still can't believe Auston set you up with Connor. I thought you to would end updating." You couldn't lie you had a crush on Auston when you were younger but growing up with him you saw him more as a brother than someone you would date.

"Well Y/N and I are both in happy relationships." That was very much true. Auston has been dating a girl named Jordyn for a while now I have met her a few times and I really like her. She's perfect for Auston.

"So there is no chance that you guys ever getting together?"

"No Matt there is no chance Auston and I are getting together. Auston is like a brother that I never wanted." Everyone laughed and you walked out of the room to call Connor because you saw that you missed two calls from him.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey I tried calling you but you didn't answer is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I am just over at Auston's house."

"Of course you are."

"What is that suppose to mean? You know I came to Toronto to see Auston." He didn't say anything. You thought he hung up on you but when you looked at your phone you saw that he was still there. "Connor you know I grew up with Auston and that we are close you knew that when we meet."

"I know but I also know that is whole time had bets on how long it was going to take till you guys started dating."

"What are you talking about?"

"You guys are close and you always hear about the best relationships are when they are the best friend and then they start dating because they realize they have feelings for each other."

"Are you jealous Connor?" You laughed. Connor had nothing to be jealous about because you were falling for him, not Auston.

"No Y/N I am not jealous. Look I have to go I have to get ready for my game." And with that, he hung up.

You tried to call him back but he didn't answer. You walked into the living room where some of the Leafs players were. You were mad that they had bets placed on when you and Auston were going to get together.

"How much did everyone bet?" You asked you saw some look confused and then realized what you were talking about but you saw Auston look confused and his face never changed maybe he didn't know.

"What are you talking about Y/N?"

"Well, apparently your team has bets going on about when we were going to start dating."

"Look when we first meet you Y/N you and Auston were close and we all thought you guys would start dating but when Auston set you up with Connor and he was totally okay with it we thought he was just handing his feeling but he was really happy for they both of you and then he told us that he was dating a girl name, Jordyn. So we all called the bet off." Matt said while standing from his sit.

"Well, I have to go." You turned to Auston. "It was nice seeing you Auston when you come to Edmonton we can get some lunch or something." You went to talk about the door when Morgan stood in your way.

"Where are you going?" Morgan asked.

"I have to go Mo get out of my way."

"Y/N where are going?" Auston asked this time.

"I have to go talk to Connor because he won't answer his phone anymore because he thinks I am going to leave him for you because he heard about this bet."

"Mo let her go. Y/N be careful and text me when you get there okay?" You nodded your head and walked out the door.

*****

When you got to the airport you asked for the nest flight to Edmonton, which leaves in 20 minutes. You knew you were going to miss the game so when you got off the plane you went to the area anyway and just waited for Connor by the locker room.

You saw the locker room doors open and Leon came he saw you sitting there and walked over to you.

"Y/N? I thought you were in Toronto visiting Matthews?"

"I was but apparently Connor is the jealous type and won't answer his phone."

"He told you about the bets the Leafs had?"

"You know about them too?"

"Everyone knew except for you and Auston."

"Is Connor coming out soon?"

"When I was leaving coach was talking to him he should be out soon." You nodded your head and waiting for your boyfriend to come out.

It felt like hours till you saw the door open again you stood from your chair and saw Connor. You waited till he saw you but he didn't. He never looked up from the ground he walked right by you not even notice you there.

"Connor!" You called to him he froze right where he was and turned around slowly and finally saw you.

"Y/N?" He walked up to you. "You aren't supposed to back for another four days. What are you doing here?"

"Well, my boyfriend wouldn't admit that he was jealous of my best friend and he wouldn't answer my calls."

"I was stupid. I know you and Auston are good friend and nothing more. I don't know what got into me I'm sorry."

"I wish you told me about the bet though. Auston didn't even know about it."

"I didn't think it was a big deal."

"Apparently you did otherwise you wouldn't have gotten mad about it."

"I know. Let me take you home and show you how sorry I am." You looked up at your boyfriend and knew exactly what he was talking about. You stood on your toes and kissed him.

"Well then take me home." You kissed him one more time before walking past him but soon you were swept off your feet and was being carried bridal style by Connor.

"I walk faster." You giggled and wrapped your arms around Connor.