Chapter 23

(A/N) WARNING: CUTE OVERLOAD!!

(Romans POV)

I still didn't quite understand how Virgil became a cat, but I loved him nonetheless. Wait... I love him? Well... I guess so. As a brother. Yea. My emo brother.

I continued to stroke Virgil's fluffy cat back as he purred, kneading my leg with his claws. We've been like this for what seems like forever, and I don't ever want it to stop. Virgil wasn't trembling anymore, except for his cute purrs. I'm so glad he isn't freaking out anymore.

Scratching behind his ear, Virgil let out the cutest, tired meow I have ever heard. "Aww. You're so cute." I giggled.

Virgil turned his head and glared at me, his slick black fur spiking up. He started snarling and showing his teeth, but I could see a glimpse of excitement in his dark purple eyes.

"Oh dear!" I exclaimed, playing along. "What a furious beast! Please! Let me go! Have mercy on me!" I tried not to smile.

Black fur covered my face as Virgil leapt onto me, meowing and poking me with his soft paws, sheathed. His tail lashing and he meowed loudly, pummeling my face, a smirk across his face.

I laughed and picked him up off of me. Virgil wiggled in the air trying to reach me with his tiny paws. I opened my mouth and swallowed one of his fluffy paws, and Virgil yowled and pulled it out of my mouth as I let him go and laughed loudly.

Coughing up some fur, I tried to calm down and stop laughing. I looked back at Virgil and he was glaring at his paw, licking it every once in a while. Virgil looked back up at me and scowled. I knew exactly what he was thinking. 'What the hell, Roman?'

I covered my mouth as another laugh started to escape. "I'm sorry. I honestly don't know why I did that." I announced with sarcasm.

Purring filled the room as Virgil shook his head and walked over to me. I lay down on the carpet and patted Virgil's head. I laughed as Virgil started to lick my hair. "What are you doing, Hot Topic?"

He continued to groom my head, ignoring my question. I pouted. "Kitty. Come on. Why are you licking my head?"

Virgil stopped and looked down at me, his paws still on the top of my head. He titled his head at me, innocently.

I smiled. "Oh you. I can't say no to that face. Do whatever you like, Kitty."

I continued to laugh as Virgil groomed my head, purring all the while. Why was he grooming my head? I wish I knew.

Virgil yawned quietly and jumped down from my head. He shook out his fur and meowed tiredly. Laughing, I petted his head a few times. "Want to go to bed, Kitty?"

He nodded softly and yawned again. I picked Virgil up softly and placed him on his bed. "Goodnight buddy."

I started to walk out of the room when Virgil meowed loudly. Looking back, Virgil was stretching on the bed, meowing. "What? Do you want me to stay?"

Nodding his head, Virgil yawned again. I chuckled and walked back to the bed, sitting down. "Are you going to stay as a cat, Hot Topic?"

Agitated meows followed my question and I rolled my eyes. "What? You're fluffy and cute and all but I want to sleep with someone big enough to snuggle!"

Paws smacked me softly across the cheek and I laughed. "What!?"

Virgil rolled his purple eyes and sat down on his pillow. He patted the pillow next to him and lay down. Smiling, I lay my head down and watched Virgil slowly fall asleep.

My eyes closed slowly as I drifted into sleep.