Chapter 17

(Virgil's POV)

I didn't have any time to listen to whatever Roman had to say. I didn't want to end up turning back into a cat. It's exhausting and I hate it.

But, I also didn't mean to snap at him. I'm just so angry at him for no real reason. I'm angry at Logan for finding me out. I'm angry that the others will most likely know about it sooner or later.

I just hope Logan will keep it to himself. But I can never truly trust anybody, and I'm not going to trust Logan right off the bat. He could blackmail me at any time.

Hood up, agitation radiating off of me, I sat down at the breakfast bar while Logan and Patton were sat at the table.

"Want me to give you some cookies, Virgil?" Patton asked worriedly.

I nodded. I knew if I opened my mouth, I'd yell and end up having to run away. But once I get to my room, I'm sure to let all this out.

Patton placed a plate of cookies down in front of me and sat back down at the table. Logan started up a conversation with him, but it was just about clouds. I wouldn't know why they were talking about clouds, but Patton kept yelling 'Floating Sheep!' anytime he could.

I bit into a cookie and immediately felt sick, so I placed it back down on the plate. I just couldn't eat right now. Too tired...

Roman walked into the room, his feet dragging. My anger simmered down a little as I saw the hurt in his eyes. I did that. I hurt Princey, didn't I?

I could tell Patton couldn't handle this, his two kiddos looking so down. "Kiddos?" he asked, "Why so blue?"

Roman didn't answer, and sat down next to Logan. I wasn't planning on answering either but I couldn't leave Patton wondering. "Stuff." I muttered.

Patton looked worried but he didn't push us. He shared a worried glance with Logan, then the two stood up and left to Patton's room. Leaving Roman and I alone.

I heard Patton sneeze on his way out and a shiver ran down my spine. I forgot he was allergic to cats... Has he taken his medicine? If I transform now, will they all find it out? Will Patton figure it out anyways? Is Logan telling Patton about me? He wouldn't!

A soft hand landed on my back. I only now realized I was shaking. I'd transform any minute, but I couldn't move. I was too scared and frozen to the seat.

Roman softly patted my back and whispered good nothing's. "It's okay, Hot Topic. Calm down. I'm not mad at you, and neither are they. It's okay."

I felt myself slowly relax and he calmed me down. Who knew Roman could make me feel better? The guy I was sure hated my guts. I should be even more scared right now, but I'm not.

Melting into his touch, Roman sat down next to me. "Want to talk about it?" I shook my head. "Alright, I won't push you." Roman spoke softly, as if he'd break me if he talked louder. Usually, I'd be so mad with him, but I just didn't have the energy right now. I was too tired.

"I want to go to my room." I said.

Roman nodded and stood up. "Want me to escort you, good sir?" he held out his hand to me and I gladly grabbed it.

My legs wobbled underneath me and I held on tighter. Roman led me to my room and helped me onto my bed. I was so tired, that once I hit the pillow, I was out.

(A/N)

Sorry for the break I took! But I was having a writers block and over my vacation I've been able to make a nice long chapter!

Schedule is back on! Every Friday and Saturday!