Chapter 5

(Virgil's POV)

Everything was bigger, my bed huge as I stood on it with my four paws. I looked down at my paws and moved my tail into my view. I was a cat.

I guess all that talk about Roman hating on me made this happen.

'Oh god. I have to make sure that no one sees me...'

My door swung open as Patton happily can win with no knock. I instantly ran under my bed, but I knew he already spotted me.

"Virg-!" Patton gasped, "Oh my god! Was that a cat? When did you get a cat!? Virgil?"

Keeping low to the ground, I skimmed my eyes, watching Patton's feet move around my room. Soon enough, a giant, happy face appeared in front of me.

I yowled, startled, as Patton reached down and pulled me out from under the bed.

Patton's eyes were glazed with wonderment as he help me close to his face. "Oh wow! Your eyes are so purple!"

He pushed me close to his body and started to pet my flank. I had to admit, it was relaxing. I didn't even realize I was purring until Patton awed.

But once I found that out, I started to struggle out of his grip. I had to run and hide. I had to wait for my transformation to happen and I can't do that in front of them.

Patton started to awe more as I pulled and pulled. I didn't want to hurt him, so I made sure my claws were in. But after a long time of struggling, I decided to nip at his hand, which startled Patton and he dropped me.

'This is my chance.'

I darted away from Patton as he was still in shock. "Roman! Logan! I found a cat in Virgil's room and it ran towards the kitchen! Please help me find it?"

Running to the kitchen, I heard Patton yelling and froze in place. I need to hide, now.

(Roman's POV)

"Roman! Logan! I found a cat in Virgil's room and it ran towards the kitchen! Please help me find it?"

I immediately jumped up. 'What? A cat? Anxiety has a cat?'

Getting out of bed, I darted out of my room and went towards the kitchen, meeting up with Patton and Logan.

"Are you sure Patton? I've never seen a cat in the mindspace before." Logan stated.

'Okay. Now I'm confused.' "What cat?" I asked.

Patton turned to me, his eyes shining. "When I went to check up on Anxiety, I didn't find him but instead found a cat! It's so cute! It's tiny, black, and has cute purple eyes!"

Logan scoffed. "Cats can't have purple eyes, Patton."

"But it's the mindspace. Anything's possible." I stated, getting a mean glare from Logan.

While Logan was lost in thought, and Patton was rambling, I spotted a small black figure under the counter. "Guys?" I pointed at the counter and everyone turned to it.

A small, almost concerned, meow welcomed us as a small black cat walked out from under the counter. It looked like it was visibly shaking, but it might just be me.

"Hey little guy...?" I stared at the cat for a bit until Patton pushed me aside.

As Patton cuddles the cat and made it squeal, I closed my eyes. 'Why is there a cat? Where's Anxiety?'

(A/N)
OMG, ITS A LONG-ISH CHAPTER!?