Chapter 10

(Roman's POV)

Logan's room was a dark blue door. I knocked and waited for him to answer.

What I didn't expect was for Patton to answer the door. "Patton? Why are you in Logan's room?..."

"I- um. I was just asking for uh... markers..." Patton stammered.

Confusion spread through me. "Markers? Can't you just create your own?"

Patton stared at me for a second before rushing out of the room. Still confused, I knocked on the open door again until Logan walked over.

"I thought Patton was going to let you in. Why'd you knock again?" Logan asked.

I pointed behind me. "Patton left..."

Logan looked deep in thought before answering me. "Why are you here?"

"Oh! Virgil told me something interesting about his cat. He said it only comes when he's stressed then disappears... what do you think?"

Logan looked deep in thought again as he closed his eyes. "I think Virgil is lying to you, Roman. I've never seen the cat with Virgil at the same time, nor have I seen the cat until recently. Unless Virgil is truly keeping the cat secret, we should've seen it before."

Roman stares dumbfounded at Logan. "You mean? You don't even know for sure?"

Pushing his glasses up, Logan nodded. "I've been reading a lot about the anxiety trait but I've found nothing about a cat so far. I'll keep reading."

Roman sighed and walked out of the room, murmuring a small thanks.

'Virgil's lying?...'