Chapter | Twenty three

23 | REALISATION

LIKE MOST DAYS IN BEACON HILLS, something bad had to happen. And it did. Jordan Parrish, the sheriffs deputy was locked in his car before being covered in gasoline, and set on fire by another deputy. Plus a shootout at the Sheriffs station, leaving Noah Stilinski in hospital.

Hope tried to comprehend what the deputy was telling them. She leant against Derek Hale, standing beside her pack in his loft as he continued to explain his horrendous day.

A tense silence filled the loft, "He covered you in gasoline?" Lydia asked, lips parted in shock, glancing back at the group beside her.

"Hair and nails." Hope mumbled, "That's it, isn't it?The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"...Well, they should be gone."

Rolling her eyes at Derek's response Hope scoffed. "No shit. Really?" She cackled. He rolled his eyes, shaking his head before turning Deputy Parrish.

"I was set on fire." He told them as they finished their bickering. "All of me should be gone." The deputy stuttered, still in shock.

"Not if you're like us." Scott shook his head, crossing his arms, muscles bulging from his t-shirt.

"Uh, what.. like you?"

Derek, along with the rest ignored the group ignored his input by shaking his head. "I don't think he's like us." He told them, dismissing the idea.

"Then what is he?" Asked Lydia, pursing her signature red lips.

Derek shrugged in a lazy fashion. "Sorry, but I have no idea." He told them.

Scott huffed. "But you knew about Jackson and Kira."

"Scott, I love you but I think this is a 'lil out of sourwolves experience." Hope muttered before raising her brows. "There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Chris?" She asked Scott.

"I don't know where he is."

Suddenly a voice broke them from their thoughts. "Okay, hold on." They jumped, glancing at a forgotten Parrish. "What's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?"

Derek and Hope snorted, "Psychic?" They asked in sync.

Scott tried to ease the awkward silence. "Yeah. Not exactly." He trailed off, winning slightly as he looked anywhere but the blue eyes that burned holes in his side profile.

Deputy Parrish stared at Scott before glancing around the group. "Okay." He paused, "Then what are you?" He asked.

"That-that is uh..."

"Werewolves." Scott blurred out.

"Oh no." Hope mumbled, "I'm out of here."

____________

The hospital was crowded. As usual. For such a small town the number of accidents and deaths were extremely high.

Biting her lip, Hope walked through the corridors as she tugged on her denim jacket nervously. "Room 101." She muttered to herself, trying not to get lost as she looked for the sherif as his son.