Chapter | Twenty

20 | NOT THE ONLY KILLERS
______

THE HALLS WERE PACKED WITH STUDENTS lining up for their tests standing by the lockers, Hope eyed everyone's nervous glances as they stared at the exam room door. Hope honestly wasn't nervous; she had a 4.0 GP, and studied when she could.

Stiles arm was wrapped around her stomach, trying to ease his nerves as he tugged her closer to him, biting on his pen.

She smiled up at him.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked snapping her out of trance. Brushing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear Hope spoke up.

"She took it her freshman year." She said, eyeing the nervous teens, cem-o signals wafting towards her making her splutter slightly.

Malia glanced up from her notes, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"

"Malia," Scott spoke up, "You studied harder for this than any of us." He told the were-chayote. It was true though, she may of been a shifter for eight years but she definitely made up for the lack of knowledge with all the studying she had been doing.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

"Well." Stiles added, trailing off.

Staring at the teen Malia raised her brows, "Well," she stated, frowning, "..What?"

Stiles winced, "It's do well, not good." He told the girl who tried to calm herself, fanning her face, grumbling about how she was going to fail.

Scott glanced at her, a soft smile on his face, "You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live." He told them, "If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Added under his breath.

"It's only three hours." Kira shrugged, "We can survive three hours." She smiled towards Scott, adjusting her folders in her arms.

"A lot can happen in three hours." Hope grumbled as they were finally aloud into their classroom, being greeted by her mother.

"Cell phone in the envelope, Scott." She told the teen who check his phone before nodding, putting it into the bag she offered him, "You'll get it back after the test."

The teacher for the lesson stood by the board, stop watch in hand as he addressed to class who all sat down quickly, "Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes."

"Good luck, guys." Hope whispered as she listened in, quickly taking her pen from from her jean pocket.

"There will be two twenty five-minute critical reading sections, two twenty five-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last thirty minutes." The teacher added, "There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam."

"I know." Natalie Martin stated, "It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." She smiled tightly, quickly walking out the room, softy closing the fire behind her
_____

"I can't find him, but Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers." Her mother stated as she walked in the room filled with nervous students, "Do you want me to try him?" She questioned the dark haired teacher.