#66 The surprise gift

Începe de la început

My world shook as I saw her.

I watched her, Rooted to the spot and even breathing normally felt difficult for me.

I wanted nothing more than to run to her and protect her from everyone, But I know that it will put her in more difficult position.

I forced myself to stay put and then I registered Karthik and Aditi behind her.

"Shahid and his daughter is already in our custody and The Doctor and Varsha Abraham will be taken care of when Mahesh is safely transferred to the hospital" Abiram said proudly.

I was still frozen in front of the door.

Somewhere in the working part of my brain, I realised that the whole gang has been trapped.

"Why did you move them? We should have taken care of them together" Raghav sir said.

"I moved them when I heard that the STO guys reached here with Karthik Suresh Kumar, Mahesh needed immediate medical support and I thought it will make a problem with moving Mahesh safely, But It was easier to control him than I imagined" Abiram said.

I guess he meant to say that he blackmailed him.

"So brother" Abiram turned to me. "Do you know them?" He asked me.

From his tone, I knew that I will make everything worse if I lied now.

Everyone was staring at me as they waited an answer from me.

My eyes ran over the people locked up in the room.

I could feel Sanju trying to control her emotions. I could see Karthik and Aditi avoiding eye contact.

I took a deep breath and turned to father.

"I was using them...it's true" I said.

"You were working with them against Surya group" Abiram shouted. "Don't lie, We already know everything!"

"I never worked against Surya group, I was using them to get everything out of them, I wanted to trap them"

"Arjun, If you lie, I will never forgive you, Be truthful"

"I admit that I had contact with them, but I just wanted to get details on them" I said firmly.

"Really?" Abiram walked inside the room. "Is that why you attacked my man who tried to take a picture of Sanjana Saxena?" He Pulled up Sanju by her elbow and pushed her toward me.

Her hands were still tied and she couldn't even prevent her fall or get support from anywhere.

I supported her, Held her for a moment tightly and felt her trembling body against me before she dropped down to the floor.

"Trisha.." Aditi shouted and Karthik held her back.

Abiram turned to me.

"Prove it then" He said. "Prove it that you were only using them, Prove it that you don't care a damn about them" He said.

They already know about our relationship!?

"Here" Father loaded the gun, Removed the safety pin and handed it to me.

"Shoot her and we will believe you" He said.

My eyes met hers and Both of us stared at each other.

Every moment we had together flashed through my mind and It took all of my will power not to expose myself.

I stayed there while holding the gun and Sanju closed her eyes, like she's ready to die.

My heart trembled.