05 ⤷THE UZUMAKI TRAGEDY

_

_

The moment Kaiwa woke up, she knew the day held something negative. The dark clouds hanging in the sky proved it.

It was past noon on Saturday when she actually woke up, but she didn't see Kumo lying on her bed. She didn't see Kumo anywhere. Kaiwa assumed that Kakashi let the cat out earlier, so she got up and got dressed.

She walked through the quiet hallways and rooms, finding no signs of Kakashi.

"He must be out on a mission..." Kaiwa thought out loud. She opened the window and called for Kumo, but was met with nothing.

Kaiwa went back into her room and saw something sitting on her bed. It was a torn piece of thin cloth with blotchy writing on it in black ink. It was somewhat hard to read, but Kaiwa could decipher most of it.

Step outside of Konoha gates to find the cat.

Kaiwa's face fell.

She wished it wasn't so cryptic. Who had Kumo? Why? All she could think to do was do what the cloth said.

"If only Niisan was here," she thought to herself. "He'd know what to do."

She snuck into Kakashi's room and stole a kunai that she held tightly in her hand, thinking that she'd better go prepared.

Checking to make sure that she had her inhaler, Kaiwa grabbed the note and quietly left the house.

The day was cold and dark. There was hardly anyone out on the streets, so Kaiwa had a fairly easy time sneaking out of the village gates past the guards. She wandered around for a little before she saw some cat paw prints on the soft earth.

Kaiwa ran to where the tracks lead, and suddenly looked up in horror. Someone stood in front of her, covered in a dark cloak and a swirled mask.

The person seemed almost... relieved to see that Kaiwa was there.

Kumo came out from behind the person's leg, and ran to Kaiwa who scooped up the cat.

"Who are you?" Kaiwa hesitantly wondered, holding Kumo protectively to her body.

"No one." The man's voice was low and dark, but it wasn't too scary to Kaiwa. There was something about it that didn't spike fear in her.

Kaiwa took a step back and turned to leave, when the man appeared in front of her.

"Don't turn away from me," his voice dripped like venom. Kaiwa nervously stepped on a branch and fell to the ground, not taking her eyes off of the masked man.

"You're an Uchiha," he scoffed. "Start acting like it. Aren't you supposed to have your sharingan by now?"

Kaiwa uncomfortably fumbled for her inhaler in her pocket, and took a puff of it.