Chapter 16

Gerard's P.O.V

It has been a month since the shooting. I have recovered from the wound pretty well. We get ready for the concert tonight. Skylar is now always our opening singer. She has gotten used to the whole being on stage thing. She has a record deal and is becoming kind of famous. She walks in and I smile at her. We hop on the bus and drive to the stadium.

Skylar's P.O.V

I makeup artist puts on a coat of eyeliner and mascara. She powders on some red eyeshadow and I go to get dressed. I slip on a black tank top with folds on the top. I put on black short shorts with rips all the way down the front and some black boots. I put a gold necklace with stars hanging from it. The left my hair fluffy. I walk to Gerard and he smiles. The guys are out doing something else, probably getting coffee. I walk over to him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. I smile and look up at him. Brian comes in and tells me I have five minutes. He walks away and Gerard picks me up. "You will be amazing," he tells me. I always get nervous before shows. He kisses me and I smile. I wrap my arms around him and deepen the kiss. Brian walk in and smirks. He runs out on stage real quick and I hear what he says. "Just a second, Skylar is making out with Gerard backstage," he says into the mic. Gerard laughs and I run out to Brian. I hit his arm and h hands me the mic. "oooh" everyone says, making me blush. "Shhh," I say stomping my foot on the ground and narrowing my eyes.  I start to laugh along with the crowd. I sing and let the band come on the stage. In the middle of a song, a piece of the stage falls form the ceiling, burning. Flames rise up and catch the whole stage on fire. The band jumps on the stage and the band is carried out by fans. To my horror, I am stuck backstage in a burning stadium.

"Help!" I scream. No one else is here. I cough uncontrollably. My eyes water from the smoke. I feel myself start to pass out.

Gerard's P.O.V

The smoke surrounds the building. I smell it and I see it coming from the windows. "Sky!" I run around calling. I go to the place where all the people backstage got out. To my horror, she is no where to be found. "Sky!" i start to scream frantically. Why wasn't anyone listening? I put my shirt up over my nose and run into the burning building. "Sky!" I scream frantically. She doesn't answer. I start to cough horribly. "Sky!" I yell in between coughs. I hear a slight cough and small whisper. "G-G-Gerard," it says. I turn around and see Skylar laying on the floor, her eyes have closed, her clothes covered in ash. I run over and pick her up. I run to the door and almost pass out. It is stuck. I kick the door over and over but it won't budge. "Why did you come back?" I hear Sky whisper. I keep kicking the door and I kiss her. "Because I love you," I say. I kick the door down and run out. "Gerard! Everyone yells. They see Sky in my arms. I just run to the ambulance and they take her. I fall on the ground to my knee's and cough. They load me in an ambulance and drive me to the hospital.

Skylar's arm is slightly red, but she will be ok. Nothing has been damaged to severe. The doctor said if I hadn't gotten there when I did, she might have died. I go in and see her. "Hey," I say and take he hands. "Gerard!" she says and jumps into my arms. She puts her face in my neck. "Why did you come back?! You could have died! You could have died because of me!" she sobs into my neck. I hold her up and rock her. "Noo it's fine, I am fine, it's ok," I soothe. I put my hand under her chin and lift her head up. " It is all ok," I say. I kiss her and she wraps her legs around me. I carry her out to the car because the nurse said we could go. I set her in the passenger seat and drove us both home.