Chapter VII: Return.

Clarke and I went to wake up Zeke and Madi. They softly opened their eyes to the site of our faces. For the first time in our lives Zeke and I were waking up in a different environement. For a split second before you understand it, you feel lost and confused like you are still dreaming, then reality hits. Reality sucks...

"How'd you sleep boss?" I asked Zeke, I often called him boss.

"Not too bad kiddo, just a bit strange waking up on earth, instead of in space." He said with a smile.

We all walked outside, and gathered around the rover. Clarke began to show Zeke how to operate the rover and well I was stuck with Madi. I wouldn't say it in a bad way, cause this kid was special. She had a knife and showed me how to pin down an enemy and slit their throat; yeh Madi was pretty badass, I should not have judge her by her age and size. She could take on anyone. Madi then showed me how to hold the kinfe firmly and which areas of the enemies body would be painfull to them. I would have never imagined I would have to use a knife to kill. Ending a life. Just as Charmaine ended the captains. A murderer was something I didn't want to be...

Zeke confirmed the Eligius's teams plans. They were hunting us, and wanted the valley to themselves. They had found the village as Clarke had left it and Zeke said they had comprehened that they were not alone. Zeke then said that if it weren't for me coming and randomly running into her and Madi, they would be dead by now.

We gathered at the rover. Clarke said she would show us where the bunker was supposes to be located, but it was hard to tell with all the rubble. The rover jumped and rocked over all the rocks and debree. We came to a half standing tower and loads of piles of rubble. Clarke stepped out of the rover, we all followed. Zeke and I stood there star-struck. It was impossible for the four of us to get down there.

"See." Clarke exclaimed.
"It is impossible." She said angrly looking at the pile of mess. We couldnt reach them. But then I plan rushed to head. What if I could convince Charmaine and the other prisoners, which were minors, to help dig out the bunker, but Charmaine would kill me the next time we would meet, and thrn she would kill Zeke, Madi and Clarke. I wouldn't risk their lives, but mine, I had to try. Alone.

Night time came, and we all were around the fire at the tunnel once again. I knew that once they all had fallen asleep, I would go back to Charmaine and ask her for help.

"Dont worry Lara, soon my friends from space will get down here and they have a genius with them, she will work it out." Clarke said to me. She could tell that I was really stressed over this all. Zeke fell asleep first, then Madi, then much later Clarke did, when she saw that I was, only I was pretending. Clarke was like the mother bear, looking over everyone. I felt safe with her. But all the safety left me when I stood up and exited the tunnel. Into the dark dark night. I was scared. I took the flashlight and thats all. I made way for the forest, the path I could kind of remember, all I had to do was go to the village and then I knew my way to the dropship. The night was pitch black and cold. I was scared but I didn't mind it. Everything was still and quiet.

I kept walking even though I could not make out anything. Hours past and my flashlight was getting dimmer and dimmer. I must have been solar-powered and only stored enough energy for a few hours. It must have been 4 hours of non stop walking till I had finally reached the village. Ok now I knew I was close. I repeated the words in my head to what I would say to Charmaine. On and on, step by step. Finally I was at the top of the hill looking down at the Eligius prisoner drop ship. They couldnt see me, I was too high and too far. I could hardly make out who was who.

I slowly made my way down the hill. Nothing would have prepared me for the next moment...