Chapter 5 - He's Agreed with This

Noera's POV

It's so nice, everything here at the moment is very nice. The leather seat is so comfortable, the temperature is perfect, the windows are crystal clear and I can see the buildings moving. Well the car is the one that moving. I lean my head on the window, closing my eyes and I take a long breath. I love this scent. Whose scent is it? Is it the car perfume or his perfume? I don't care at all, I'm too lazy to find out. Everything is so nice except the silence. This silence is worse than the silence in the movie when someone trying to find the hidden ghosts. I let out a heavy sigh.

Nathan, it's been a while. Last time we met, you're so busy with your work and we just exchanged it's nice to see you. I'm not complaining though, we both are not kids anymore, demanding to play together when cousins or relatives come for a visit. Nathan are you really my cousin? Why do I doubt that? I see you as a stranger. When was my last time seeing you as a cousin? Ah, when you were in college, you stayed in my home for a year before you found an apartment to live. At that time I thought you were just leaving my home, but you actually left our sibling bond. You were like my older brother, giving me advices, comfort me in my darkest time, being in the middle when I fought with Rad. What a happy memory. I let out a light chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Nathan suddenly speaks.

"Ehm... Nothing." I still have my eyes closed. I don't bother to look at him.

I feel the car is not moving, so I open my eyes to take a look at the road and yeah... busy town with good damn traffic. Great! I'll spend another minute with Nathan in this awesome car. It's very nice day after all!

"Should we pick Rad up?" Nathan asks as he takes a look at his watch.

I pull out my phone to check the time. Seeing it's almost the time for Rad's class to end, I send a message to him.

Noera : Spare your time after school. I'll bring you your beloved prince.

Rad : I thought he's busy with craps.

Noera : Nah, he has time now I think. Let's meet at your school's gate.

Rad : Better bring my queen also ;-p

"Turn right after the bookstore. Rad wants us to pick up his queen." I said nonchalantly.

Nathan laughs, "He's so persistent, loving his soft queen this long. I thought he's started to move on to a stronger one." He said as he rounds the steering wheel clockwise.

"How could you think so?"

"He's the type of person who enthusiastically tastes all different things. Changing taste in sudden is normal, especially for a boy who just hit his puberty like him."

"You're right, I've witnessed your sudden taste change once." I snort.

"Have you? What my taste change you've ever seen?" He glances at me.

I catch his curious glance but I look at the road quickly to avoid the topic and see our destination, "Slow down, we're here. Park the car there." I point out on an available car spot.

We enter a small store and directly walk toward dessert section. I take a large size of cheese cake made by DallyCakies and Nathan takes some flavors of ice creams. Oh no... He takes two cones of each flavor.

"Why do you buy a lot?" I frown at the ice creams.

"I never witness your taste change. I prepare for the worst." He shrugs as he hold his card in front of the cashier.

After paying we walk out from the store to Nathan's car. Inside the car I can't stop myself checking out the ice creams. I love ice creams so damn much. But then I remember that Nathan is here, I stop my movement and put them on the backseat.