Chapter 59: "Hurry up"

Gabby.

My last dress fitting is today. That dress is currently hidden at the Parker house because Sue is doing the alterations. I am supposed to go over there, put on my wedding dress, and hide from Jax? What kind of cruel punishment was this?

I admitted to Jax that Kane didn't compare to him. I guess part of me thought that he would ask me not to marry him. That he would tell me how much he loved me and how much he missed me. He didn't.

The worst part was... I wanted him to.

How bad of a person does that make me? I love Kane, I swear I do. But it's Jax. I love Jackson Parker so much it physically hurts. All I wanted was for him to admit to me the same, but he didn't. That possibly hurt more than the day he 'died'. At least that day he loved me back.

I'm back to being the girl with the wrong date to prom. I'm crying over my criminal neighbor that doesn't want me, with Kane as a date. That's exactly how I feel all over again. I wish I could go back and slap myself and yell how that was some fucked up foreshadowing.

"Make sure to take your shoes that you'll be wearing with the dress Gabs."

Sydney has been running around like a mad woman doing all the finishing touches for the wedding.  Thank god she's my maid of honor and my sister, she can handle it.  Morgan is too busy being holed up at Cole's house, so it's all on Syd.  On top of everything, she's trying to figure out those damn yearbooks.  We are running out of time, my rehearsal dinner is tomorrow.

I grab my white chucks and wait by the door.  At least today we have an excuse for going to the Parker house.  We just had to make it so bad no one else came with Syd and I, which left Zo heartbroken.  I feel terrible.  It's always been the two of us and ever since we got here she's been pushed off onto grandma, grandpa and Kane most days.  She really wanted to see me in my dress but no way could I take her over there today.  She would be telling everyone that Jax is home.

"SYD!" I call out through the house.  "LET'S GO ALREADY!"

"IM COMING GABBY! CHRIST! GIVE ME A MINUTE!"

"I don't miss that."  My mom shakes her head as she walks through the room.

"Can I please come too?"  Zo's little face appears from the kitchen.

"Not this time, Zo."

"I want to see daddy's house."

My heart sinks. I look up to see Syd standing there, eyes wide at Zo. Zooey never brings up Jax. Never. Of all the days to want to go over there, this was probably not a good time. How do I hide Jax? He's not ready and I don't want to push him into this.

I bend down to her height and take her hands. "Who told you that was daddy's house?"

"Grandpa said you and daddy used to read on the porches. Daddy read on that one." She points to the blue Victorian home across the street.

"We did." I nod agreeing with her. "That's how I fell in love with him. He loves books just as much as us."

"Gabby, take her with. Sue won't mind, I'm sure she'd like to see her and Larry is at work. I need to run to town anyways." My mom grabs her keys and I begin to panic. I quickly pull out my phone.

New Message: To: Alfie Tats 7:56AM: Stay in your room.

RE: New Message: From: Alfie Tats 7:58AM: With your dress? No thank you.