Chapter 9

You trudged forward, the cuff on your wrist held tightly by the officer that was sent to wrangle you. He was a feeble man, jittery in most ways, but you didn't have the stomach to tease him. You were to anxious to see your plan in action.

'Dad will finally be proud of me. It's so close, it can almost hear his praise.'

As a kid, you didn't imagine your proudest moment to be in handcuffs, but you took what you could get. All Might left you to a collection of other heroes as he left to prepare himself for the counter. The heroes' "plan" was to cut off the head of the League from a weak point, but it was almost funny how idiotic they were.

Riding in the back of the police car, you watched as citizens were evacuated from the battle zone. None of them seemed panicked as they left, putting all faith in the heroes. Growing up, you were taught to hate the heroes, but now you questioned even that. For so many people to trust the heroes so much... they must be doing something right.

The car shuddered to a stop as you arrived on sight of the battle. There were few cars, but you were surprised to see so many heroes. Your eyes widened at the number of new faces. "Who are these guys?" You asked as the officer walked to open your door. "I don't recognize any of them."

"They're friends of Midoriya Izuku. Classmates and such. They all insisted on helping to get him back. Said they could break his brainwashing."

'Wrong' you thought.

"O-Oh... so they're uh, fighting alongside me and they heroes huh..." you face flushed red. "They probably hate me."

The officer helped you from the car, not removing the cuffs, and instantly you felt the many pairs of eyes on you. For the first time in a long time, you felt truly embarassed. Maybe even shameful. You felt a cold cylinder press into your palm and you looked at the officer. He seemed cocky.

"Have fun with class 1-A. I'm sure they have a lot to say to you." He warned.

You looked down in your hand to see your shot. The watch on your wrist chimed and you realized it was time to refuel. "Wait, can you-"

Ignoring you, the officer got back in his car and zoomed off, leaving you in handcuffs which made your shot difficult to do. You felt irritated with his childish behavior, but didn't complain. That kind of regard was expected for a villain's daughter. You glanced back at the collection of sidekicks but didn't bother asking for help.

You made eye contact with one student, and your chest felt heavier than gravity. You looked around and found a tree to sit under, leaning against it as you sat. The class watched you as you fumbled with the lid of the injection, struggling around the cuffs. Holding it in between your hands, you bit off the cap and spit it to the side, but with your hands connected it made it hard to actually do the injection.

You adjusted the cylinder but failed to position it correctly. Throwing the cylinder between hands, you grew more frustrated and more tired as you tried to do it yourself.

"Let me help." Someone suddenly said, makimg you yelp in surprise.

You looked up and saw warm brown eyes and a smile, catching you off guard. Gently she took the injection and stretched out your arm. "It goes here, right?"

"Why are you helping me?" You blurted, rather than answering.

She jabbed the injection into your arm and relieved the liquid. Her eyes seemed to remain on your arm as she made sure it wasn't bleeding much. "You need help don't you?" She asked.

Her smile seemed pure and innocent. You furrowed your brow, looking at her in dismay. "You now who I am right? Don't the handcuffs give it away?" You snapped sarcastically.