Chapter 7

Not long after you left Izuku to ponder the new information he had been given, you mentally scolded yourself. "God dammit!" You hissed, "I should've kissed him! My hold is weakening on the damned brat!"

You growled to yourself as you entered your hideout, making a beeline for your room. Slamming the door behind you, you chucked your jacket at a wall and collapsed against the door. You were seething with rage, rage you earned via your own stupidity. "What was I thinking?! He was right there! And WILLING! I'm such a fucking moron!"

Nothing negated your statement. Only quiet greeted you in response, leaving very aware of what surrounded you. Sighing, you brushed your fingers througj your hair and twisted it nervously in your fingers. "There's something wrong with me. There must be. In between my weakened quirk and my fucked up morals I've been behaving so differently."

You scratched through your memories and pulled more examples, ranging from your mercy on the kid, to your episode, and then to Inko. You could hear Kurogiri's voice whispering the word 'guilt' in your ear. Maybe it was important...

"Guilt..." You hummed. "Guilt... guilty... I feel guilty? No, my conscious died with my will to live." Your eyes swung over your room and instantly locked on a familiar flyer. Your heart panged sourly and you clutched your chest. "Guilt?" 

Crawling over on all fours and snatching up the missing poster. Inko smiled at your from your memory and it almost felt as though your heart was being crushed under your own weight. "This has got to be what Kurogiri was talking about. Jesus fuck this is annoying." 

Standing slowly, you brought the flyer to your easel and sat it down gently. Sitting on the stool you kept close, you stared intently at the flyer. "This whole guilt thing has to be connected. I don't ever feel bad about what I do, but seeing Izuku's mom upset about the boy I kidnapped made my stomach churn. Should I be using this?" 

No one responded to your question. The air hung silently as you contemplated this emotion that made you almost sick. Ever since you'd taken Izuku, so many things had been different. You'd had a random episode because of a family in a diner, your insides churned at the thought of deceiving Inko, hell, you even chose not to avoid kissing him because something seemed pure about the way he looked at you. For years you'd been a hardened criminal, aiding your father at his side without questions for as long as you could recall. You were born into it. Izuku triggered something different in you, or maybe he awoke something that was always there. In a few days, you were supposed to  finish your ultimate mission and kill All Might, bring about a new age of justice. Maybe this was a sign. 

You pondered it for a while, hours even given the shifting and slamming of doors outside your room. Your eyes widened suddenly, a plot thickening within your mind as you jumped to your feet. "Oh my god... this is perfect! It's the key!" You glanced at your alarm clock, knowing your father wouldn't likely rise from his cave for another few hours, but this was more important. You rushed from your room and headed directly to his office, filled with a new vigor fueled by nauseous guilt blooming in your gut. Never before had you been so happy to feel sick to your stomach. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Father it's perfect! Countless times we've failed to eliminate All Might, but it's because we were relying on pure brute force! Izuku needs an opening, and this way is perfect. It will take some adjustments, but I promise it will work!" You finished excitedly, eyes glimmering with excitement as you stared at your father. 

He sat in silence, contemplating your proposal with thick skepticism. "The plan we have now has been in place for many months. Could you really pull this off in a mere few days?" He asked. "I will no longer accept failure in regards to this goal. All Might will fall this time."