Chapter 8

You knocked on Inko's door, hidden from bystanders by a baggy, violet hoodie and fades jeans. A ratty old backpack held your supplies and tracker, hidden expertly by the help back home. Izuku was finishing preparations with your father, meaning all you had to do was avoid messing up. 

You tapped the door again, this time answered by a breathless 'Come in' from beyond the door. Twisting the knob slowly, you let the door ebb open to glimpse inside the small area. Inko glanced towards the door, turning back to her work for a second before glancing once more and rushing to her feet. Guilt twisted your emotion again as you looked at her sunken eyes and gaunt face, as though she'd been left to herself with no help in the middle of the desert. "Oh! Hello there, uh, (Y/N) correct?" She greeted with zealous. "You should've called first, I would have prepared tea at least." 

"I'm sorry Inko, but I didn't have time to call. I have something very important to tell you so I rushed over asap." You confessed, lines rehearsed obsessively in the previous nights sleepless hours. 

"Of course! What's on your mind?" She asked. It made you jealous in a way, how you knew she was spending every waking hour looking for an impossible location only to smile and nod when small problems were presented to her. Her heart was too kind to survive the harsh world. You made note to defend her when father renewed the justice of the world. 

"It's about Izuku." You said quietly, watching her feet freeze a yard before you. "I know where he is." 

"What?!" She gasped, suddenly embracing you tightly with tears finding their way to flood her face. "How did you find him?! Did you tell the police yet? Wasn't it dangerous?" 

"I'm fine. After all, I grew up in the room across from his." She didn't catch on fast, seeming confused as you pushed her away. You continued with eyes downcast. "I see his innocence every time I look at his eyes and the guilt is overwhelming. My father will despise me for what I'm doing but I have no choice anymore. I know he doesn't really want to hurt anyone." 

Your acting was almost real, even forcing your eyes to water by the power of sheer will. "What are you trying to say?" Inko asked, fumbling a bit with a quivering voice. 

"Inko, I'm so sorry. I couldn't take him with me, but he's out of my control now. All he knows is my old morals and a plan to kill All Might. Please, I'm willing to turn myself in if it can save him. I'm guilty. I did it. I kidnapped your son." You gushed with dramatic flair.

Inko seemed horrified, shocked by the confession as you knelt before her. Slowly, making sure not to alarm her any more, you opened the bag you brought and removed a pair of reinforced handcuffs. Setting them on the floor, you removed your hoodie and revealed a well worn uniform, a form fitting top colored black entirely. A sash of purple was tied at your waist. Standing, You removed the jeans to reveal your matching bottom, this part fitted right down to your toe. "I've brought all my information with me. Everything about my quirk, and what I know about the plan, and my medicine as well. If you'd like, I'll put the cuffs on." You offered gingerly. 

Inko tried to speak but more than anything she just sounded flustered. Taking the cuffs in your hand, you snapped one of the links around your wrist and held the other to her. She shook her head violently and fled to the kitchen. You could hear as she dialed her phone and spoke in hushed tones. Fear ebbed in her tone, and you fought of the nauseous pain that came with guilt. You hid a smirk as you cuffed your other wrist. Carefully stuffing everything into your bag, then zipping it, you held it in between your contained hands and knelt down, facing the door. 

Inko walked back, now more calm. As she looked down at your prayer-like pose, she sucked in a short breath. "T-The h-heroes will be h-here soon." She informed. "Would you l-like something to eat?"