Wrong Ingredient, Idiot!

Marco was disappointed.

Star had gone off to do something, and hadn't taken him. He respected her decision, but it felt strange to not be included.

He sat on Star's bed, watching his legs bounce back and forth. He wondered what she was doing. Maybe she was on a date with Tom. That might explain why she seemed so hurried.

Marco was zapped out of his thoughts when a portal opened next to him. A familiar demon stepped out, grinning horn to horn. He was holding what seemed to be a recipe book. He looked around, finally landing his eyes on Marco. His grin faltered.

"Where's Star?" Tom asked. Marco rolled his eyes. "She isn't here. She's off doing important business or something." He answered.

Tom sat down next to him. "Well, fantastic. I thought she would remember we had planned to bake a cake."

Marco raised his eyebrow in curiosity. "What kind of cake?"

"Oh, just some plain chocolate cake. She thought it would be fun, so I came over to join her. I guess there isn't a point in staying now, so I'll be going."

Tom was about to open another portal when Marco jumped up. "Hold on! I bet Star still wants that cake. How about we surprise her and make one for when she gets back?" Marco suggested, putting his arm around Tom's shoulders. Tom thought to himself, then smiled. "Yeah. Yeah, that'd be awesome!"

Tom flipped open the recipe book to the cake's page. Marco ran to grab what they needed, while Tom went through the checklist.

"Okay, it looks like the only thing we need is sugar."

Marco frowned. "I couldn't find any. I found a couple things that look like sugar, but it isn't labeled."

Tom shrugged. "Well, if it was in the kitchen it couldn't be too bad. Pour it into the mixture and we'll bake a cake!"

The two followed the instructions perfectly, making sure every bit was perfect. All that was left was to heat it up. Tom had that covered, making sure it was perfectly baked. The perfect chocolate cake. All it needed now was some frosting.

The two were just finishing their masterpiece when Star came through a portal in a panic. "Where's the powder sugar thing stuff?" She yelled. The two looked at each other.

The sugar.

Marco rubbed the back of his head. "Was it maybe in this container?" He asked. Star gasped loudly. "WHAT DID YOU DO?" She screamed, grabbing Marco by the shoulders.

Tom waved his hands frantically. "Hey, c-calm down! What's wrong with the sugar?" Star held her wand close to her chest. "Heat! If it gets too warm, it starts to grow into-"

The cake exploded, and a massive sugar-like creature roared at the three of them. They screamed, Star shooting at it with her wand.

The sugar creature picked up Marco, slamming him into the wall. Tom blasted the creature with fire, but it only grew larger. Star quickly froze the creature, and it hissed, crumbling down into a pile of sugar.

Marco groaned, leaning against the wall. Tom laughed nervously as Star glared at them. "We, uh, we THOUGHT it was sugar." He said.

Star frowned. "Well, guess what, Tom?"

"What?"

"You used the WRONG INGREDIENT, IDIOT!"