Chapter Two: Arrival

Beginne am Anfang

I sighed and took a sip from my steaming coffee.

Great. Just like my school days I had failed. It had taken me almost sixteen years to completely fail at motherhood.

Alana POV

One step. Two step. Three step. There.

I was dreading walking through the doors of the gym this morning. I didn't want to face Eric and I knew I had overstepped so many school rules and boundaries on a personal level. Gosh I was such a retard. I knew it was wrong to feel this way for a teacher but how could you refuse a chance to get up close and personal with a Russian sweetheart like Eric?

Leila had told me to watch out for this. She knew about my feelings for Eric and she also knew about the secret kiss we had had before holidays. She told me it was best to just forget it happened and move on.

I was having a hard time. I spent most of the hours of the day cooped up with Eric and it was taking a toll on me to not just throw myself at him every second of the day. I was almost sixteen. Was it so bad to be interested in older guys? Eric was only twenty-one. It wasn't like he was forty and I was ten. EW just the thought had my skin crawling.

And then mom this morning had noticed I was distracted. That was horrible. I was pretty sure she wanted us to hug and join hands to sing Kumbaya around our kitchen stove.

Not going to happen. I just wanted someone to tell it wasn't wrong. That it was perfectly normal for a teenager to want the romantic comfort of her sexy mentor.

To my horror, Eric was on time today and he was already sitting against the wall reading the human newspaper. Like there was anything worth reading in there. Then I noticed there weren't any mats set up and the practice dummies were still locked behind the caged door in the corner of the gym.

"Morning, Sir." I said announcing my arrival. Not that I needed to. I knew he had felt my proximity in the room.

"Laps today. I want fifty of them in 30 minutes." He lifted the paper to cover his face and I sighed pulling my hair back and beginning my daily torture.

We were back to square one again. He wasn't even going to look at me and make sure I was 'running properly'. No I had just made one sexy god very pissed off.

I frowned lost in my train of thoughts as I completed my assignment with no complaint.

Dimitri POV

Oh god! Oh god!

My palms were sweating as we passed the guardian booth at the front of the school.

"Belikov! It's good to see you back. It's been a decade too long." The older guardian behind the booth smiled and I noticed he had gaps were teeth used to obviously be.

Tasha was busy talking to Viktoria, my little sister, and her fifteen year old son Ivan.

Tasha loved my family. She had loved Viktoria so much that she couldn't stand it when we left Russia that a few months later she had Viktoria and Ivan come and live with us. Also in the backseat was Mila, Tasha's fourteen year old niece who she had offered could come live us after her parent's disastrous breakup. Mila was a dhampir and most of the time she was mistaken as mine and Tasha's daughter. It usually made me laugh since there was no romantic situation between Tasha and me.

Tasha rested her hand next to mine of the steering wheel, "Calm down Dimka. Everything will be alright."

Mila laughed at Tasha's nickname for me. I had to admit it was kind of cheesy and babyish but it made Tasha feel better.

Viktoria sighed, "Are you even sure this Rose gal wants you back Dimitri? I mean I don't want you to get your hopes up for nothing."

There was Viktoria. Always trying to ruin a happy mood.