Chapter 56: Fake Smiles - Part I

Start from the beginning

"No, I love Kane." I shake my head. I trust my sister more than anyone. I could tell her anything and she would never judge me. She has always been there for me, even when we didn't agree on something - at the end of the day she was my sister and we would work it out. But this, this was a whole different level. I can only talk to my dad and Jax. And even with Jax, it's not like I could talk about Kane. And then what girl wants to talk to their dad about loving these two guys at the same time. I just need this wedding to be over with. I need to marry Kane and go home, back to our safe little life.

She holds up another dress and instantly I fall in love with it.  It's a solid black halter with a plummeting V-neck, a little flowy on the bottom for dancing, knee length with an open back.  "How do I make my boobs stay up?  No way I can wear a bra with that..."

She smiles big. "Tit tape!"  We both burst into giggles and I take the dress from her to put on.

She gets me all dolled up, taping my tits into place, putting some loose curls into my hair and handing me some strappy heels to wear with the dress. 

"You look hot Gabs, wait until Kane sees you.  He won't be able to keep his hands off you. Wanna borrow my cuffs?"

I roll my eyes at her.  "I think it's more important you save those for work.  And it's not like Kane will see me tonight.  Defeats the purpose of the bachelorette party."

"Actually we are meeting the guys at Kane's for the first round and then we are separating."

"Oh" I grab my clutch and place it under my arm. I wasn't exactly planning on seeing Tyler yet. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Seven years, didn't miss him once.

"We will make it quick, Gabs. I'll order shots, you'll kiss your man and then we move over to Mickey's. The guys are going into town right away so we won't see them the rest of the night."

I give her another fake smile and nod. "Great."

<><><>

My bachelorette party attendees include my mom, Morgan and Sydney. Zo and Emmett were hanging out with dad tonight. Dad insisted on staying home with the kids while everyone went out. They thought he was just having a grandpa night but I knew better. He's scared. I didn't argue once when he said he wanted Zo tonight.

Multiple curse words spill from my lips as we walk into Kane's. All the girls notice but no one says anything. They know how badly I didn't want to come in here. At the same time, this bar is Kane's pride and joy. His brother may be running it while we are in Minnesota but this is my fiancé's bar and he's proud of it. I can make a quick showing for him.

"Holy fuck" Kane's eyes double in size when he spots me. He sets his beer down behind the bar and moves swiftly until he is in front of me, hands on my waste and lips connecting with mine. He already tastes like Corona and lime. A groan escapes him and his hands move to my ass.

"Be good Porter" I giggle and push him away.

"That's hard to do when you look like that and your dad won't let me touch you. I'm not sure I can keep my hands off while you are here with me."

"Told you." Syd rolls her eyes. "Youngest Porter! Line the bar with tequila shots please."

My glare moves to the bar, catching the glance of Tyler for the first time in seven years. His face is the same, slightly bulkier in the arms and chest the way Kane is now. I know nothing about his life here in Luxberg other than him working this bar, and I don't care to learn. He still creeps me out. My breathing intensifies and Kane takes quick notice. "I'll make the drinks."