Prologue

(Y/N). I'm only 16 at the foster home that is meant for boys but they had no other place to put me but there. I was shorter than most of the boys, only coming up to 5 foot. My black hair falling in waves past my shoulders. My pale skin had a bunch of freckles against it. I always had black lipstick on. I was standing in front of the floor length mirror I had in my room. I got a separate room off the boy's room. I was fixing my black jeans that were ripped at the knees then I was fixing my crop top shirt with a pentagram on it as I combed my hair and put my hat on over it. My hat was a nice beanie hat that's black. I fixed my lipstick then put on eyeliner and mascara.

"(Y/N)! Food!" I go downstairs; in the kitchen is a bunch of boys, ages from 10-18. I was the only 16 year old. Sonny was smiling at me when I walked into the kitchen. He was the owner of this place. The youngest was me, the rest are all 17 year olds, the oldest was Jacob, who turns 20, but he is Sonny's son, so he stays here anyways.

"Morning Sonny." I say.

"Morning (Y/N)." Sonny says. I try to reach for the cup that's my favorite. Jacob grabs it for me and hands to me.

"Thanks Jacob."

"Welcome (Y/N)." He walks off. I start eating and drinking breakfast with all the boys. We were all talking about who gets what chores after school.

"Dibs on outside work." Lewis, Alex, Ben, and Jackson all say.

"No fair! I'm always stuck with inside work!" I yell at them. It's true Me, Adam, Zack, and Avery were always stuck with the inside work.

"Oh well." Ben says.

"Now now, I say (Y/N), Adam, Avery, and Zach get outside chores, you 4 get inside chores."

"What about Chase, Eli, Xzavier, Tristen, and Zander."

"Xzavier, Eli, and Zander are with me." I say quickly.

"Then it's settled, today after school. Xzavier, Zander, Eli, Zack, Avery, Adam, and Claire get outside chores. Lewis, Alex, Ben, Jackson, Chase, and Tristen with work inside." Sonny says.

I smile widely grabbing my bag. We all walk to school. We all grab our bags pushing and laughing next to each other and pushing each other, even if we argue about chores, we all love each other, at school we all try to see each other as often to make sure we still all have our things. I was the only girl, everyone knew about Sonny's foster home for boys, but not once did a girl hang out with any of them unless she was dating one of them, so when I was asked if I was dating any of them I responded with.

"They are my brothers, I'm the girl that Sonny took in." At the end of the day I sat waiting for them; we all walked home but stopped at a store to pick up some snacks and things like that. We would shove the food and hide them in our bags, because if Sonny knew we were stopping at a store rather than coming straight home, he'd be upset cause we didn't tell him, he gets worried about us at times, seeing how we are his responsibility.

I remember when I showed up, I was handcuffed and I didn't talk much, I mostly strayed away from them at the start, the boys passed, stopped, did a double check and realized I was a girl. Sonny said to treat me like they would treat any new person. But they treated me like the little sister they always wanted, spoiled me, and made sure I was always happy, Xzavier and I were dating in secret, but then we ended up breaking up because he was getting distant, and he said we were better off not dating, it crushed me, but we still stayed best of friends.