Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"All wolves old enough to hunt with the pack gather here beneath Highrock for a pack meeting. Two pups are now old enough to become apprentices. Cloudpup, step forward and greet your mentor Moonshine. Moonshine, pass all your wisdom and quick thinking on to Cloudpup, who from this day until he receives his warrior name is Cloudpaw. Shadowpup, step forward and meet your mentor Spiderclaw. Spiderclaw Thorntail was your mentor, pass her lessons on to Shadowpup. Shadowpup until you receive your warrior name you shall be Shadowpaw." Flamestar announced as the new apprentices nudge shoulders with their mentors. After Flamemoon finished Icestorm howled,

"Cloudpaw! Shadowpaw! Cloudpaw! Shadowpaw! Cloudpaw! Shadowpaw!" The other wolves in the pack soon joined her chant and as it faded the new apprentices walked away with their mentors for their first lesson. Icestorm bounded off to the fresh-kill pile and came back with a fresh piece of deer and settled down beside Lilysplash to eat a piece of meat.

(A moon later)

It was the morning after Amberpaw, now Amberflower, had been made into a full medicine wolf. She rushed over to the fresh-kill pile where she saw Icestorm and Lilysplash chatting. "We need to talk with Flamemoon. Go to his den, I'll meet you there in a minute with Moonleaf." Icestorm and Lilysplash looked at each other and Icestorm saw panic start to creep into her sister's eyes. Icestorm took a long look at Amberpaw and then nudged Lilysplash up and started to walk to Flamemoon's den. Amberpaw hurried to the medicine den to find Moonleaf who was sorting through herbs. "Amberpa-, I'm sorry Amberflower can you help me find raspberry for Roseheart's cough?" Moonleaf asked.

"No time, last night I had a very important vision that I need you and Flamemoon to hear, follow me." Amberflower blurted out and nudged Moonleaf out of the den. When they got to Flamemoon's den Icestorm and Lilysplash were already there. Lilysplash was leaning heavily on her sister's shoulder but looked up when she heard Amberflower's approach.

"Flamemoon, I had a vision last night. I was with Sunflower and she showed me a forest. At first I only saw a all of darkness then she told me it was the Dark Forest where all evil wolves went after death. Suddenly wolves came out, a whole pack. You just knew they were evil, and then one stepped forward. He said that he would destroy us all and bring the Dark Forest to life here. He said we had no chance of defeating them unless we had the stars and the sky on our side. Then he, the rest of the wolves and the forest faded. Sunflower told me they could only come on the meeting of the full and new moon. The full moon is the sun and it will be on an eclipse when they come but then Starpack can come down too and help us. Then I woke up. I think I know what she said and when the eclipse will be. She has told us that Lilysplash and Icestorm have to lead while I stay in a certain point and help Starpack come down. We also have to convince Skypack to join us in the Battle and fight as one. The eclipse will happen seven sunhighs after the next gathering, so we have to be ready in eight sunhighs. " The den was silent as every wolf thought of this ground shaking news.