Chapter 16

Tord stared at the creature before him in shock. It had Tom’s gravity defying hair, and void-like eyes, but it also had aspects of the monster that he had grown accustomed to for the past few days. It’s arms and legs were as black as the night sky, starting from its elbows and knees, down to the tips of its fingers and toes, of which were still razor sharp claws. It also had the long black tail, and the two purple horns on the top of its head. The creature’s black and purple ears were long and pointed, as well as its teeth. But somehow, Tord knew that this creature was in fact Tom. And although he was terrified, he was also relieved.

“Oh god, Tom.”

Tord reached out his hand towards him, but Tom quickly pulled away from him.

“Tom what's wrong?” Tord asked, worry in his voice.

Tom said something that Tord didn't catch.

“What?”

Tom turned around, and Tord saw tears running down his face.

“I'm a monster!” Tom cried, more tears pouring out of the voids he called eyes.

Tord stared at him in shock, which quickly turned to sadness.

“Tom,” Tord whispered, reaching out his hand to wipe away Tom’s tears, who surprisingly didn't pull away. “You're not a monster.”

Tord stared at Tom as tears began pooling from his eyes once again.

“You may look different, but you are still you,” Tord explained, wiping away more of Tom's tears. “And no matter what you look like, or how you act, my feelings for you will never change. You will always be my friend Tom, always.”

Tom sobbed harder as Tord pulled him into his arms, and started rubbing his back in soothing motions.

I will always love you, Tord thought as he ran his fingers through Tom’s hair, always.