Chapter 15

Tom was so confused. He'd never felt like this before, and for Tord of all people? Did that mean he had feelings for Tord? He had no idea. But what he did know, was that he sure didn't hate him. He never really hated him, Tom realized. It was a mutual dislike. But now that everything's changed, especially Tord, Tom doesn't know what to think. Tord, he's different, less angry and annoying, more sad, quiet. It didn't really seem right. Of course Tom had changed too, unfortunately for the worst. He drank more, almost every night. Edd and Matt hardly ever saw him, and when they did, he was more than likely not sober. Edd and Matt only stayed strong because they had each other, but Tom, he cut himself off from them, from everyone. He tried so desperately to just forget everything. Forget the pain, and betrayal, and lies. Tried drowning himself in alcohol, burying it up inside of him, along with all his feelings. But now they spilled out of him like a waterfall, and it scared him. He was afraid of being hurt again, of being rejected. Tom’s head began to hurt, so much that even thinking was painful. He let out a roar of pain and shock as he felt his body begin to change once again. He started shaking violently, and let out another roar, causing Tord to wake. He sat up quickly, turning his head in every direction, until his eyes landed on Tom, and he rushed to his side, eyes filled with panic. Tom let out another roar, although it sounded more like a scream. He heard his bones crack, and felt them move under his skin. Tord sat across from him, eyes wide with fear and shock, unable to help. Tom let out one last cry, as his body fell to the floor. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to breathe normally again. He couldn't even move if he wanted to, everything hurt too much, he was too weak. After a few minutes, Tom was able to finally find enough strength to lift his head up. He looked up at Tord, seeing him staring down at him in shock.

“T-Tom?”