Chapter 10

Tom left, wishing that he could have reassured Tord that he was coming back. He remembered the look Tord gave him, so full of fear, sadness. But Tom needed to find food, or else Tord and him would die of starvation. He traveled down the streets, eye peeled, looking for anything that resembled food. He found that he was in luck when he spotted a grocery store off in the distance. He ran towards it, urging himself to go faster. He slowed down once he reached the entrance, and cautiously crawled through the broken glass doors. He made his way down the aisles, eye looking around warily. Tom found an aisle with cans littered all across the floor and picked up a bunch in his mouth, before moving on to the meat aisle. He grabbed an assortment of meats, such as a whole chicken and turkey, pork, fish, and a few packages of bacon. He shoved the food into his mouth and was about to head back to Tord, when he heard a low growl from his right. He turned, seeing another monster. This one had a large body, covered head to toe in dark midnight blue scales. With an equally large head, and white eyes glowing a light blue. Its mouth was filled with sharp white teeth, with one tooth on each side of the back of his mouth curving out and in like horns. It also had two small white horns that sprouted from its snout, and two light blue fins on either size of its head. It growled again, but made no move to attack. Tom realized it was probably just hungry, so he took a few steps forward, dropped a few packages of bacon, and moved away. The monster stared at him appreciative, before devouring into the raw meat. Tom turned around, unable to watch, and headed back home.