CHAPTER 8: "I see a Chemistry in Business."

Start from the beginning

"I stopped eating them a long time back." She informed causing all of us to fall into a confusion.

"As long as I know, they used to be your favourite, right? Since you got them from your Da-"

"Uh Nathan!" I quickly interrupted with an attempt of making the situation less difficult for her. Yes, she used to love Amedei's Prendimes when we were little just because her Dad used to buy it for her all the time but I think she stopped eating them after the death of uncle, may be. May be there could be something else to add with that, too.

"Samaara's going to stay with us, how great is that! Right?" I quickly exclaimed, getting a few nods from them.

"Oh um. There's nothing like that seriously. I'll soon find a place to stay at and -"

"Dare you say that again, Samaara." Mom quickly interrupted. "When we say you're a daughter to us we don't just say it for nothing. We actually mean it."

"You're right Kate. You're not going away from here now. You're staying with us, just like a family. " Dad added, causing my smile to widen.

"It's nearly time for dinner so you guys go freshen up."

"I'll show Samaara her room." I added as they nodded and I led Samaara up the stairs with me.

As soon as I opened the door of the room, I found her getting uneasy.

"Samaara

"Samaara." I nudged her arm as she immediately tilted her head back to look at me.

"What happened? Do you not like the room? You can stay in othe-" Before I could continue she cut me off.

"No. I like it. I like it a lot," she scanned around for a few seconds. "It's beautiful." Her voice was barely audible as if she was struggling to push the words out. "But I'm not used to staying in such a grand room."

"I know you're feeling uncomfortable, Samaara and I actually wanted to talk to you about it," she instantly looked down upon hearing me.

"But it's nearly dinnertime so we'll talk later but for now, just remember that we're a family. Stop feeling strange." I let out a chuckle at the end to lighten the environment up as she didn't say anything, in return just smiled. A smile which didn't quite reach her eyes.

New York, Half past nine in the evening: 8th January 2018

"Samaa-ra." I quickly barged into her room to find it empty. Then, the trippling sound of the shower running inside the bathroom reached my ears giving me an indication that she's in the shower.

I decided to sit down and wait so that I could finish what I wanted to start.

Talk.

Some time later, the shower turned off and after a few minutes, Samaara stepped out in her cute Pajama and T-shirt. She looked at me a bit startled seeing me as I flashed her a smile.