Chapter 1: The Weird Kid

Chapter 1: The Weird Kid"

The morning rays of the sun, beat down upon the world below. Noisy chattering and the laughing of the people could be heard along every turn. The view of the sun zoomed down upon a small pristen village. The houses in here were small but held a cozy feel. Merchants and traders called loudly to the people to buy their goods, the humans were lively and joyful, and kids were playing tag upon the dirt path, mingling with the adults.

One particular kid, however, was not with the other ones and did not act like most of the normal children either.

A boy of 9 years old, sat besides the open window in his room, talking to someone unseen. He was very frail for someone his age, and his complexion was far more pale than that of his age, that he almost looked like a ghost.

The small child had green and red hair, spikes coming downwards on his red tips, a curving tip on top of his green mass of hair. He had crimson eyes that strikingly paired up to the blood red roses, his nose was well defined and small, and he has pink plump lips that was currently being made into pout. "But why?" he whined to the unseen figure. This child's name was Yuya Sakaki and he was dubbed as a strange kid for his so called 'over active imagination' but really, he had the ability to see ghost and other disturbing looking things.

For example, he could see the dead, the bad types of dead that looked like they came straight out from a horror movie (that still did not exist in this time here), he could even see demons and other normal people could not. Now back to the present, the boy was still whining at the figure that stood in front of him. Invisible to other people but clear as day to him.

Shelly shook her head and smiled, patting the boy on the head. "I cannot touch things Yuya. However, you will know why when the time is right." said she, before she phased through the walls making Yuya gasp in surprise. "Shelly wait!" he cried out, hoping to get the ghost woman back but to no avail.

"Yuya! Who are you talking to?!" Yoko, Yuya's mother, hollered from downstairs. The crimson eyed boy blinked and shuffled downstairs, peeking through the stairs. "I was talking to Shelly, mother." he stated honestly, making the blonde blink and turn to her son. "Who is Shelly? Is she your imaginary friend?"

A strange look briefly flitted to the young boy's pale features. "Of course not, mom! Shelly is not my imaginary friend! Can't you see her?" he whined, while pointing to a seemingly empty space beside him. The woman blinked and shook her head. "I am sorry Yuya, but I cannot see her. Come, supper is ready."

Visibly deflating that his mother could not see his friend, Yuya trudged over to the dining table and began eating slowly, his mood already downcast from his mother's declaration earlier.

-5 Years Later-

"Mom! Come on, we still need to go to the market!" a boy of 15 yelled excitedly, waiting in the living room for his mother.

"Yes, yes! I'm coming no need to rush!" the woman laughed and descended down the stairs, holding a basket in her arm. Yuya grinned and opened the door for his mother, making Yoko smile. "Why, thank you my handsome gentleman." she said and Yuya laughed. "Mom!"

Both of them excited the house and deliberately went to the market place. Yuya could still not understand his abilities to see the dead. He also could not contemplate clearly why he believed that myths were true, even though his mother told him that they were just legends. His conscience however, refused to accept that the thing wasn't real.