Something Great

Diggy POV-

"You was aight." Sira smirked as we walked along Riverfront Park.

It was dark by now, and the multicolored lights shined against the water

It was dark by now, and the multicolored lights shined against the water. And the skyline of downtown Nashville illuminated.

There weren't many people in the area which we appreciated.

"Just aight?" I asked as we continued to walk.

"Yup." She smiled.

"If you say so." I chuckled.

There was silence for a minute as we walked.

"Thank you for dinner." Sira said. We had ate hibachi before this.

"Oh you're welcome."

"You wanna sit right here?" Sira asked me. She pointed to some steps facing the gorgeous night water.

"Sure."

We both set next to each other on one of the steps. We just looked out into the river. Taking in nightime Nashville.

"What do you want Dig?" Sira broke our silence, looking over at me.

"In regards to?" I asked her.

"Us. Do you want just a chill thing, a relationship. What?"

I looked over at her. Her chocolate skin, illuminating even the darkness from the reflection of the Nashville skyline.

"I haven't really thought about it. But I do know, I'm feeling you."

She looked away from me, facing back outward toward the river.

"I'm not asking that you know now. We just met so I know that's being unrealistic. But I do know I'm not interested in sharing someone I'm with. If after getting to know each other more, we decide to be together, I want to be only yours. And if you feel like with being an athlete an all you can't do that, just be real with me. I rather you be honest with me, than break my heart. I can respect that more." She looked at me, then down at her hands. Then back onto the water.

"I promise I'll be honest." I looked over at her.

She looked me in my eyes. "Even if you think your decision might hurt me, you promise?"

"I promise." I looked into hers.

We just followed the movement of each others eyes for a second in silence.

"May I kiss you?" I asked.

She laughed. "Why did you ask?"

"In the age of the "me too" movement, you gotta get permission. I don't want no Bill Cosby stories about me." I threw my hands up like the police said raise them.

She laughed super hard, which made me chuckle.

"Yes you can kiss me." She said trying to recover from her giggles.