Unnecessary

Deanna POV-

"Aw Dea, y'all will get through this." Anais said as she rubbed my back.

I was lying on the bed with my head on Kenya's lap, and her and Anais were trying to comfort me.

Everybody else that came had went to dinner to give us some space.

"No we won't." I cried.
"I know when Shep is done and he is done. He won't even listen to me. I embarrassed him in front of an entire stadium and his teammates. It's over. I can feel it."

Kenya sighed. "Listen Deanna, if O and I can get through our shit. And you already know we've been through hella shit, you and Shep can get through this."

"Odell is different Kenya. He couldn't live a day without you."

"And you think Shep can live a day without you?" She looked at me like, 'girl are you serious.'

"He might hurt a little bit, then he'll forget about me. I know. He'll go back to liking the white chicks he always liked." My heart was shattering in pieces at the thought.

"Listen, you and Shep are going to get back together. Get engaged. Then get married. And have me some beautiful chocolate no neck god-babies I can spoil." Anais smirked.

I eyed her with an evil eye.

"Don't be eyeing me girl. One of them babies is gon' have no neck. Just like they daddy and I'mma love em' anyway."

Kenya chuckled.

"That's not funny." I pouted.

There was a knock on the door. Anais went to get it.

Brandon came in with a dinner container and sat down at the desk and proceeded to eat like we weren't there.

"Am I am statue, why you bitches looking at me?" He said smacking on some food.

"Don't you have anything to say?" Kenya said.

"No." He smacked.

We all looked at him.

"Y'all can stare all day. I have retired being mr. save a hoe. Kenya and Odell took all my youth trying to save they ass. And now that I'm an old man, y'all trying to mess up the few years I got left? Uh-no. I am done. Read my lips...D-O-UNH." He went back to eating not looking at us.

We stared at him. He ignored us.

"Anna, you and Shep will get back together. Trust." Kenya said.

"I don't know girl, 40,000 people saw you liplocking that fine ass lightskin. I wouldn't count on it." Brandon said smacking.

Kenya threw a pillow at him.

He sighed. "Deanna you know I'm joking. Give him time. If he's anything like Odell soft serve Ice Cream from
Mc Donalds ass, he'll be melting in your hands in no time." He smacked.

"That is, after he goes on a social media rant about you." He smacked.

"Oh yeah and tell you, you average but he chose you anyway." He smacked.

"And try to tempt you with his abs making you see what you missing." He smacked.

"Shut up Brandon." Kenya rolled her eyes.

"I have to see my baby. I have too. I have to explain even if he won't listen." I got up.

"Dea just let it cool of a minute." Anais said.

"I let him cool off all day. I have to see him."

"Dea." She called after me but I was gone.

I went to Shep's floor and went to his room.

I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I knocked one more time no answer.

I sat in front of the door and cried. I knew he was done.

"Girl why you out here crying?" I heard Ray's voice.

"Shep is done with me." I wiped my eyes.

"Girl Shep drunk so much he knocked out. He'll be fine."

"Ray you believe me don't you? You know I would never hurt Shep like that don't you?" I looked up at her with tears in my eyes.

She smiled and sat next to me.

"I'll never forget Shep tripping out on this girl he wanted. I'm thinking fasho she one of his usual beckies. But nah. She was super beautiful thick 18 year old." She chuckled remembering. "And I've seen my brother's happiest moments because of you. And at his lowest without you." She held my hand.

"The one I wanted to spend my life with his gone." She said about Toni. "She's not coming back. That emptiness I will forever have. I don't want you and Shep to ever feel the emptiness I feel. Especially when both of you are living and breathing. I will reunite if it takes all my life." She started to cry.

I held onto her and we just both cried. I hope that by some miracle our tears were liquid prayers and God heard us.

Shep POV-

I woke up to a fucking banging headache. I touched my head hoping to ease the pain.

I looked over and Deanna was on the side of the bed with a cup of water and an aspirin.

I rolled my eyes.

"Get out."

"Shep I know you are upset at me but please listen to my —"

"Get the fuck out." I yelled.

"Shep." Her voice cracked and her hand holding the water shook a little.

"I would never disrespect our relationship like that."

I got up and went to the hotel phone.

"Yes can y'all bring security up here, some groupie got in my room."

"Really Sterling?" She said.

"Thank you."  I said and hung up the phone.

"That was unnecessary."

"You were unnecessary. I regret even working so hard to get yo thot ass back."

"You know what, whatever. If that's how you feel."

"It is how I feel. Get the fuck up out my room."

She sat the aspirin and water down, then left slamming the door.

I sighed. Sat on the bed and took the aspirin with the water, that was on the night stand.

I grabbed my phone and laid back, looking through pictures of me and Deanna on my phone.

Maybe I was being too hard on her, but was I, when she dreamed about him the other night?

No Shep you right. My mind said. But my heart felt different.