One Of The Greats

Deanna POV-

"Deanna, today I want you to help with warmups." Dr. B told me.

"Oh Mike said he had it." I said filling the medical cart with what we needed.

We had two games before the play-offs. Today we had the Steelers. We had to beat them to get a good seed in the play-offs.

"Jerrod sprained his ankle. He's taking care of that. The cart will survive without you. At least until the game starts. Start with Shep he has to get on the field for interviews." She said grabbing some stuff from her office.

This had to be the worse moment possible. Two days ago was our awkward encounter.

"I'll go get him." She rushed off to the locker room.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I wished I had some type of power to disappear right now. 🙄

I continued to fill the cart.

Dr. B emerged with a look of distress.

"Something wrong?"

"Shep's not here. The game is literally in an hour. I cannot be bothered with grown ass men. Telling them when to show up. I can't be bothered I have over 50 other men, I have to worry about. Look in my rolodex, and call and see where he is. We have a fucking game in an hour." She said irritated.

I went to her rolodex, got his number and called him from her office phone.

There was no answer.

I sighed and called Ray.

Again no answer.

That was strange because Ray always answered me.

I texted her.

Hey Ray, their looking for Shep at the stadium.

I waited five minutes no response. I called Tori. Maybe Unc knew where he was.

No answer.

What the hell was going on?

Shep POV-

"Sterling come out the fucking bathroom." Ray yelled.

"I'm not going. I'm not going." And myself further cozy on my marble floor.

I had touched my first drink since rehab. Vodka. Some of the strongest you could find.

And after one taste, I continued to guzzle the past two days alcohol. No food.

"Shep, I'mma bust through this door." Unc warned.

I didn't respond, instead my body started to throw up.

"Shep open the door." I heard Kat yell.

I heard banging and pushing against the door.

Deanna POV-

Tori called me back.

"Where is Shep?" I asked.

"Girl everybody's over here. He locked himself in the bathroom. Ray is trying to burst it open."

"Oh my God." I rolled my eyes.

"He needs to get here." I said. "The game is like in 45 minutes."

I heard screaming.

"What, what's wrong?" I said scared.

"He's having a seizure." She said in a panic.

"What was he doing before the seizure?" I asked.