Part 22

A/N - here's 22, enjoy...

{..................Tris's POV..................}

This took me by surprise, it was like a kick in the stomach and it knocked the wind right out of my chest. I was speechless and was finding it hard to breathe; I took a deep breath trying to calm down my heart rate which had suddenly become erratic. How could he possibly know? I thought I'd hidden it so well. Why would Tori give it to him if she told me it was dangerous? All this just doesn't make sense I thought as my head began to hurt. It felt like something inside my head was just kicking and kicking continuously at my brain. Finally finding the ability to speak again, I decided to try and salvage my secret so I went with the easiest choice...lying; or at least attempting to anyway. I could barely string a sentence together never mind try come up with an excuse for whatever evidence he thinks he has against me.

"What are you talking about, I'm no-" but he cut me off.

"Don't bother lying to me Tris, if I didn't already know for definite, your face would have given it away anyway" he said, his face softening slightly.

"But how?" was all I could say as I took a seat on the chair, I was finding it very hard to stand; I felt empty and vulnerable and I needed some sort of support and If that came from a chair then so be it.

"Well, for starters you look terrified" he began to explain.

"No, not the face you idiot. How did you find out?"

"Oh, well before I explain how I found out, I must congratulate you on just how well you have hidden it whilst you've been conscious. You just seem like any other dauntless initiate; feisty and brave. You fight well and act just right. That's why I have all the videos, I have been watching the way you act to see if you give anything away, but you don't. Therefore I had to ask Tori, because I wasn't 100%; I needed to know for sure before I confronted you. I asked around who administrated you during your aptitude test and I went to see her. She gave me the tape and told me to see for myself."

"Why did she still have the tape?" I asked in confusion.

"She kept the tape as if she had sent it off to be destroyed, due to the Authority your parents have in Abnegation there was a chance it may have been intercepted and watched. After all, people are speculating as to why both the children of Natalie and Andrew Prior, Abnegation government officials, chose to leave their home faction. Tori was protecting you; just as I am and will continue to do so."

"What did you mean about me hiding it well whist being conscious?"

"When you are conscious, as I said you act well but it's when you are unconscious that you give yourself away. My first clue was the number of fears you have, I thought it was very strange for an abnegation born to have less than at least the average number of fears. The second clue being when you only took 5 minutes to finish, on your first ever attempt at a fear landscape. You also don't act like a dauntless whilst under the simulation. Unfortunately, you act like a divergent. The Dauntless find a way to overcome the fear and get out, you, well you just know how to get out. You manipulate the simulation and use its weakness to your advantage."

"Oh" was all I could say. The chair dipped as he sat down next to me. He lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him and he took my hands in his. As soon as his skin met mine, a jolt of electricity ran through me and I got butterflies in my stomach. I think this is what they mean when they say 'sparks fly'.

"Tris I know you're scared but I promise, I won't tell a soul" he said, his eyes not once leaving mine and although I felt very nervous staring into his gorgeous eyes. I couldn't bring myself to tear mine away, and when I say gorgeous...I mean gorgeous. He's making my insides melt the way that he is looking at me so intently like this. I don't want this to end.