Sanity

-(Y/N)'s POV-

Returning to the Rebel base, Leia organized an immediate meeting to discuss something about the Death Star. I thought about what would have happened if we hadn't made it out of Jabba's Palace alive. Sitting in the grey, plastic chair of the executives' room made the overwhelming feeling of guilt soar through me. The sound of Leia's aggravating voice almost had me wishing I was stationed on the Death Star instead of here—

Wait. What am I saying? I love the Rebels; I love being a part of them. I'm on the path to become a Jedi. Why would I want to be Vader's apprentice again?

Suddenly, a voice crashed my train of thought.

(Y/N), come. Rejoin your true family. We will give you everything, and anything, your heart desires...

It was someone I had never heard before. They sounded mischievous and alluring. But in the same token, almost familiar. I decided to respond, Who are you?

Oh, if only you knew. Come back to the Dark Side. We shall rule the galaxy together, and with you by my side nothing will stop—

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Luke interrupted me from my conversation.

"Y-Yea, perfect. Why?" I answered. I wiped a bead of sweat that trickled down my temple.

"No reason," he began. "Are you hungry? You're looking a little pale."

I shook my head and excused myself from the executives' room. Luke came pacing after me, calling my name. Once I rolled my eyes for the tenth time, I turned around to talk to him.

"What, Luke?" I was irritated. I just wanted to be left alone, and figure out my thoughts. Luke stared at me with big, puppy-dog eyes. I felt something in my chest I hadn't felt in ages. It frightened me.

"What's gotten into you? You know that Leia tried to congratulate you three times in there for your work at the Palace. You just sat there, blankest stare on your face. You look," Luke paused, "ill. As if the devil himself overtook you."

I ended our eye contact to glance at my palms. My hands tingled, and my veins were popping out of my forearms. I tried to pull my sleeves as far down as I could to disguise myself from Luke.

"I'm fine." I muttered as I turned on my heel and hurried away. Rushing to my room, I collapsed onto my bed. The Dark Side was calling me. And, Lord, I had no idea how to make it go away.

I spent hours laying in bed, crying, punching the walls. I walked around my room and screamed. I even pulled my lightsaber out in the hopes it would give me an answer. Though, I received nothing.

It wasn't until late at night when I decided to leave my safe haven. I roamed the halls searching for someone—anyone— who would be willing to give me an answer. I took hushed footsteps into the mammoth garage, and even quieter steps onto the Falcon.

I made my way to the cockpit. My heart denied itself; I wanted to see Han, but internally, I knew it wouldn't go the way I want it to. Or maybe it would. I wasn't sure of anything anymore.

"I heard you coming from a mile away, sweetheart." Han's voice was a symphony to my ears. I let out a heavy breath I was unaware of holding in. He soothed every anxiety in my body.

"Oh, did you, now?" I replied with a smirk. Han spun the captain's chair around to face me.

"Luke just left for Dagobah. Said he had business to finish with a little green dude." We both chuckled.

"Why did you leave the Rebels?" he asked me. I sighed, leaning against the wall of the cockpit.

"I didn't exactly have a choice, you know." I began. "I was captured. Vader didn't leave me any other options. It was be tortured to death or join the Dark Side."