Chapter 4:Making a difference (Joey)

CHAPTER 4: (Joey's POV)

I was angry, here I was cradling the one I love on the front lawn for what had to be the thrid time since we left the arena. All she had endured since the Youtube Games was pain and I was determind to change that, No one was going to hurt My Meghan again. I had a flashback to when Lizzie pulled me back in the arena but I didnt want to relive that moment again so I violently shook my hed hoping to spread the memories elsewhere. I wasnt worried about Lizzie, I knew she was strong enough and she would make it back to us. Listening to what she had already endured made me feel sick and gulty but it also made me proud that we knew someone with that much potential. I tried to move Meghan inside but on my own it proved a difficult task. As if sent by the heavens David appeared with an extremely concerned look on his face as he looked down at Meghan and then up at me trying to lift her into the house. I almost managed to get my hands under her arms but she struggled and shouted "This was the last place I saw her, the last place I saw the most inspirational person I will ever meet, I will not forget" She said it with as much venom as what was portrayed behind her gleaming blue eyes. She piced herself up in utter frustration and barged into the house slamming the door of the guest bedroom behind her. I felt so powerless under her anger and knew I had to do something but not yet, instead I moved upstairs and went into Meghan's room and curled up in her bed. I knew Meghan would come and snuggle up to me in the night and I was right. She creeped into the room holding something in her right hand. It gleamed in the light of the moon and created lights on the wall. As she climbed i next to me I put my arm around her and she showed me what she was holding so close to her heart, It took me a moment to realise what it was but then it clicked that it was Lizzie's pocketknife that she took everywhere with her. She must have left it there when she got taken. I saw the tears starting to form in Meghans eyes and brought her into my chest.I felt her breathing against my skin. I sung to her until she fell into restless sleep, as did I.

Next Day :)

The sun was just starting rise over the pinky orange sky and te newly born clouds were crisp and peaking over the horizon. It was early, bt I knew that the majority of the District would be awake by noe. I climbed out of bed desperate to not disturb Meghan. She tossed and turned in her sleep and it killed me to see her this distressed. I planted a kiss on her forehead and clicked the door shut quietly. Making my way to the townn center was unusually nerve racking as I argued with myself about what I was planning to do that morning. I kept telling myself that I would get major support and people would be well into the idea but another part of my brain nagged at me and nawed at my enthusiasm. I tried to smile but then I remembered the cause of me doing this and it was instantly stolen from my face. The first door I knocked at was the hardest and it got progressively easier as I went through the district More and more people joined the jurney and sooner than I thought I would I had the whole of district 6 trailing behind me to Meghan's front door. I took a deep breath and knocked on the splintering wood. She opened the door as if she was desperate to see who it was but when she saw the people behind me she withdrew her breath. I held her hadns and calmly said, " We will not let them take her out of your life, I am going to continue the rebellion we started and these people are going to help".....