19- Graduation

"My baby is leaving Hogwarts!" Venus held Halley tightly, "Neville, our baby is leaving Hogwarts!"

"Yes I know Ve," Neville patted his wife's back, smiling at Halley.

"Mum, you crushing me," Halley complained, "if you love me so much, why do you keep trying to kill me!"

"Sorry," Venus released her, "it's just, well you're about to venture off into the big wide world! I can't help it!"

"Ve, please breathe," Neville said.

"Listen to dad." Halley patted her mother's arm, "dad knows what he's talking about."

"So what are you planning on doing now Hal?" Neville asked.

"Well, as long as I get the NEWT results, then I'm going to train as a healer," said Halley.

"Well, I'm sure you will have got the results," Neville smiled.

Venus squeaked, "Nev, our baby is going to be a healer."

Halley sighed dramatically, "mum, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not a baby, I'm eighteen."

"You will always be a baby to us Comet," said Neville, he glanced at Venus, who was sniffing, he looked back at Halley, and murmured so that only she could hear him, "run Halley, otherwise you'll never be able to get on one of those boats."

Halley saluted, "of course, I'll do exactly what you say, Professor Longbottom."

"Go," Neville laughed and shoved her lightly.

"I'll never forget you Dad."

"Go!"

"I'm going!" Halley scrambled away, grinning at her, "Jamsie!" She exclaimed as she threw her arm around her best friend's shoulders. James was talking to his parents, "Jamsie, guess what, we graduated!"

"Yeah, I guess we did!" James laughed, "does that mean that I can burn my textbooks?"

"No," said Harry, "Lily and Al will need some, and I'm not buying new ones just so you can burn yours."

"If you give me a job in the Auror office I can reimburse you?" James offered.

Harry laughed arms shook his head, "let's see how your NEWT results are before we talk about that, I can't be seen to play favourites can I."

"You're Harry Potter," Halley pointed out, "you can do what you like."

"She's right," Ginny laughed when Harry gave a sour look.

"You two had better go get a boat, otherwise you might have to split up, and we'd all hate to see that," Harry said.

"See you later Dad," James waved as he and Halley made their way towards the boats, climbing into one that had two cheery Hufflepuffs who they were on good terms with.

"It's time to see what the future holds," James gazed up at Hogwarts as if trying to memorise it, so that the image would stay with him for years to come.

"Don't worry Jamsie, we'll come back one day," Halley patted his arm, "but for now I like the sound of Healer Longbottom and Auror Potter."

"That sounds like you're talking about my dad," James made a face.

"We have great things ahead of us Jamsie," Halley said with a dramatic smile, "greater perhaps than Harry Potter himself."

"You're full of crap Halley."

"So are you Jamesie."

What do you think Halley is going to do now?

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx