Deeper into the night, the surroundings were very quiet. The two walked step by step in the hallway to go back to the rooms.

Xu Xu was exceptionally silent.

Ji Bai had his hands inside his trouser pockets and followed the rhythm of her slow pace.

In fact, while he was busy solving the case, Ji Bai simply hadn't gotten distracted and thought of her. But seeing her at the moment, the feelings that only belonged to Xu Xu had started to spread little by little in his heart. That feeling was very soft, a little hot, even hotter than before, and made his whole body very comfortable.

The little girl hadn't slept in the middle of the night, instead had run to the office to find him just after arriving. Between a Teacher and student wasn't it said that: "One day not to meet, like three autumns*" Although she remained hazy, but he believed she had him in her heart.

(*It is a Chinese idiom which is used to say that when you miss someone so much that one day seems as long as three years.)

Of course, the case hadn't been broken yet; and thus, it wasn't the time for personal feelings. But as a man, his feelings towards Xu Xu were more resolute and intense than before. Although he wouldn't immediately expose the truth, but it was time to make her aware of the truth.

Glancing at her thin and pale shoulders, Ji Bai said: "You're not cold wearing so little?" Before she could answer, he raised his arm from behind.

"Boss." A cheerful voice sounded from the end of the hallway, Da Hu walked out from the dark: "I waited so long but you still hadn't come back, Xu Xu is also here?"

Ji Bai loosened his arm that was in the air and brought them down, his expression remained as usual.

After Ji Bai showered, it was already more than two at night. He had just laid on the bed when he heard Da Hu's voice from across the bed, ask: "Boss, you're in love with Xu Xu?"

JI Bai moved his arms behind his head, his lips and eyes were curled up, and said: "I'm concentrating on solving the case, and not such a thing."

Da Hu: "Oh, I'm mistaken then, I thought, earlier you wanted to hug Xu Xu but I disturbed it."

Ji Bai smiled and did not say anything.

After a while, Da Hu once again spoke: "That's great then. Two days ago, Xie at the files department at our police station asked me about Xu Xu. He said if Xu Xu didn't have a boyfriend then he would pursue her. I can now give him a definite answer."

Ji Bai was silent for a moment before unhurriedly answering: "You tell him that Ji Bai also wants to pursue Xu Xu, tell him to think clearly."

Da Hu froze for a moment then laughed out loud. Ji Bai also smiled and after a while said: "Xu Xu has thin skin, don't say nonsense in front of her."

"I understand."

In the next room, when Xu Xu went in, the dim soft lights were still on for her. Yao Meng's face was deeply buried in the pillow and curled up. It seemed that she was already asleep.

Xu Xu quietly got on her bed.

The next morning, the news came that Lu brother would appear at a village of Zhifu Zi district around hundreds of kilometers away from their current place. Ji Bai acted as the team commander and led all the police officers straight to Zhifu Zi district.

In Ji Bai's and Xu Xu's conception, the case was yet to be cracked, so their feelings would be suspended and moved aside for the time being. So they naturally returned back into being efficient partners mode without any distractions.