Chapter 47

Because Ji Bai was so tired, he fell asleep and had a dream.

In the dream, the sun was dazzling, he was lazily sitting under the shade of a willow tree drooping by a pond, and beside his feet was a fishing rod. A slim girl was squatting on the ground with her back to him. She had her head bent down low, he had no idea what she was doing, just a noisy banging sound could be heard.

After a while, the girl suddenly turned around and threw a big fish with glittering silver scales towards him: "Master, the investigation has been hard on you, eat the fish to nourish yourself."

The slippery scales grazed his hand, wet and soft, he felt a little itchy.

He looked down to see the half-dead /half-alive fish on the palm of his hand, then looked up at her: "I'm not eating it."

Xu Xu surprised: "Why?"

He looked at her clear black eyes and said: "Men just want to eat women, not fish."

"What?"

Xu Xu, master just wants to "eat" you. Sooner or later, he would eat you anyway.

"Ji Bai hasn't left yet? Hey, why is the door locked?" The vague voice entered Ji Bai's ears, he immediately woke up. The fishpond under the dazzling sun, Xu Xu and the fish in front of him all disappeared.

Su Mu had forgotten the key in the office, so halfway he had to return to get it. Seeing that the office lights were still on, he spoke up to greet Ji Bai but who would have thought the door would be locked.

While Su Mu was being skeptical, the door opened from the inside, an unfamiliar girl with flushed cheeks looked at him: "Hello... Come in." Probing inside; Su Mu saw that Ji Bai was standing up from his chair, his eyes were still staring at the girl with a hint of a smile on his face.

Su Mu had heard a subordinate mention today, Ji Bai had a girlfriend in Lin city, possibly was working at the police station. Seeing this scene, the two of them at midnight with the office locked, what was there not to understand... Well, he really hadn't come at the right time.

Seeing Su Mu's expression, Ji Bai, of course, knew that he misunderstood. He glanced over at the chair in front and then the wall clock, Xu Xu clearly had come for some time.

Had she been sitting quietly next to him? No wonder Su Mu had misunderstood.

The smile on his lips deepened... He could patiently and quietly pursue her but she caused the misunderstanding on her own, he wasn't going to take responsibility.

He walked towards Xu Xu, and said in an extremely gentle voice: "Xu Xu, this is captain Su, say hello."

Those words in Su Mu's ears sounded clearly like the tone a man used with his woman. He didn't have to confirm, no matter what he's still an excellent investigative police officer at this district, so he cheerfully smiled: "No need to stand on ceremony. This is *sister-in-law, right? Hello! I'll go after getting the key."

(*In China, wife of your friend/colleagues/etc = sister-in-law. No blood relation or family relationship.)

The moment Su Mu suddenly appeared, Xu Xu indeed was scared into cold sweats, and had immediately released Ji Bai's hand. Xu Xu had run to open the door, and had glanced back to see that Ji Bai's expression was, as usual, she had then calmed down. At this time hearing Su Mu say that she politely replied: "Hello captain Su . I'm Xu Xu at the city police station. You've mistaken..." Xu Xu didn't get to finish before Ji Bai said in a deep voice interrupting her: "When did you get here?"

"Ten minutes ago." Xu Xu answered slowly: "You were in deep sleep so I didn't wake you up, I was sitting here looking over the information."

While the two of them chatted, Su Mu had taken the keys on the table: "Goodbye."