On my shoulders

Thirdy's:

I almost trip when I got out of my car and press on the doorbell of the De Leon's residence. Yaya Norms opened it, sinablubong ako ni Tita Det, i offered her a kiss on the cheek and she mused me the garden area. I immediately excused myself and headed towards the garden.

Naabutan ko siyang nakaupo sa mahabang bench facing the small fountain, with earbuds on her ears and is lip syncing to the music that she is listening.

Dahan dahan akong lumapit at pumuwesto sa likod niya. Hindi parin niya ako nararamdaman. That is when i lower my body and enveloped her upper body to mine and rest my head on her shoulder. She doesn't seem to be surprised, instead she just rub my arms with one hand and the other tracing my face.

Thirdy: "You ok babe?"

Bea: "I don't know. Things has been on my mind for the past hours."

Umalis ako sa pwesto ko at tumabi na sa kanya. She pull my arm at ipinatong sa balikat niya and rested her head on my chest.

Thirdy: "Mind sharing it to me?"

Bea: "Before this game, I was kinda certain that whatever happens this season, I'll move on to another chapter and start anew. Sabi ko, win or lose kailangan ko na subukan how is it to be working for myself and landing a job would be a good start."

Thirdy: "Yeah, I remember you tellibg that to me. So what changed now?"

Bea: "I don't know. Seeing Kat and Jho, even Deanna crying kanina, naisip ko- is it the right time? Tama ba na iiwanan ko sila ngayon? But naisip ko rin-would it make any difference if I'll stay?"

I stop playing with the strands of her hair and look at her face.

Thirdy: "You already have plans. We already have plans, right?"

Bea: "Yeah, i know. And sorry if I am considering to delay the plan. Would you still stay if I changed my mind?"

I interlock our fingers and smiled.

Thirdy: "Ikaw lang ang iniisip ko. I know its kinda hard na lagi kang tinatanong about me and our relationship, and yes it may cause distractions in the long run and you are also trying to protect me. Pero know that whatever your decission may be, andito lang ako. Walang magababago."

She again rest her head on my shoulder.

Bea: "Imagine, kung noon inamin na natin ang relationship natin, I can't imagine how much blaming and bashing you'll get from people now. Ayaw kong maranasan mo yun. I love you and I won't let that happen. But I also know na nagiging unfair na ako sayo. Ayaw ko ng maging unfair sayo. You already sacrificed a lot for me. Its time i give back to you."

I sense too much guilt on her voice, and I hate making her feel that way.

Thirdy: "Don't mind those people na kasi. They are not important."

Bea: "I don't want you getting hurt because of me."

Thirdy: "But I am willing to take a bullet for you."

Inangat niya ang ulo niya at tinitigan ako.

Bea: "Seryoso kasi ako."

Thirdy: "Seryoso din ako."

She didn't answer at umayos ng upo, cross her arms in front of her chest and pouted.

Thirdy: "Look, you have too much to consider sa decission mo, at ayaw ko na pati ako iisipin mo pa. Desisyon mo yan, buhay mo yan. At hindi mo ako boyfriend para dumagdag pa sa mga iniisip mo. If you want to use your one more year then go on, susupirtahan kita. Kung ayaw mo na and decided to take on a higher path, susuportahan parin kita. Pero I wouldn't enjoy you makibg big decissions becasue of me."

Lumingon siya sa side ko at tinitigan ako.

Bea: "Boyfriend kita, isa ka sa considerations ko. You are one of my priorities. If you don't see me that way, fine pero yun ka sa akin."

Tumayo siya and was about to walk out from me. I grab her waist and snake my arms to her. Hindi siya gumagalaw pero alam kong na misinterpret niya ako.

Thirdy: "You are taking to the wrong way Babe, please hear me out."

Hindi parin siya gumagalaw pero tinignan niya ako bago nagsalita uli.

Bea: "Am I? Thirds, sinasabi mo lang kung ano ang desisyon mo if ever you are in my place. Its clear, you don't see my point kasi if ever you are in place it would be an easy decission."

I tried pulling her down para umupo sa lap ko, she was hesitant at first pero umupo din. I would have wanted her arms to be around my shoulder pero ayaw niya. So I just seetled on hugging her.

Thirdy: "Look, I appreciate you, it fills my heart to know that you are considering my welfare. Swear, nakakataba ng puso. I was kilig actually. Pero you are a bit emotional now. And ayaw ko mag take advantage sa feelings mo ngayon.  And please don't ever think na hindi kita ganun ka mahal, cause believe me, i love you so bad that I want you to be out there and explore every possibilities and enjoy the time you could have while you still can."

Hindi parin siya nagsasalita kaya nagpatuloy ako.

Thirdy: "And if seeing you happy playing for our school one last time, then I would give up another year of possibly walking around town with you by my side and holding your hands. I would be more than happy seeing you fulfilling a dream of bringing back the crown to Katipunan. If you decide on that, promise I'll be on the sidelines, clapping and cheering loudest for you. Gusto ko gawin mo ang gusto mo ng hindi iniisip kung ano ang iniisip ng iba tungkol sa akin. Kasi mahal kita. I love you that much. And my love for you is never selfish, never was and never will be. I love you, that is plain I love you, no buts and ifs. I just love you. And I believe that is the kind of love that I wanted to give you. The kind I am giving you."

All those time na sinasabi ko yun, nakatingin lang siya sa mukha ko at hindi nagsasalita. When I finished talking, napansin ko na nagpipigil siya bg luha. Hay naku this big baby. I hug her tighter while she put her arms around my shoulders and shed tears for a moment.

Thirdy: "You want to forego your final season, I'll support you. You want to take one that one last ride with your teammates, fine with me."

Bea: "Nakakainis ka, bakit ganyan ka?"

Still sobbing on my shoulder.

Thirdy: "Wag kang masyadong kiligin. Its just plain 'I love you'. Yun lang yun."

As much as gusto ko siyang tawanan, alam kong magagalit nanaman siya. Maybe sa ibang araw nalang, pero wag ngayon.

Bea: "Sa tingin mo? Bawi ako next season?"

She is now facing me and is still sitting on my lap.

Thirdy: "Gusto mo pa ba bumawi?"

Sunod sunod na tango ang nakuha ko sa kanya. Napangiti nalang ako sa itsura niya. Saka ako tumango.

Thirdy: "Then go on. Bawi babe."

Bea: "Pero hindi muna natin sasabihin sa kanila yung sa atin? Ok lang sayo?"

Thirdy: "Sus, ikaw nga sapat na eh. Hayaan mo sila. Basta walang makakapigil sa pag cheer ko sayo at panonood ko live. Wala na akong pake.

Thats when she giggled and pinched my cheeks, arregghhh sakit!

Bea: "I love you, babe.

Thirdy: "I love you, wag na sad ha. Love kita."