The Challenge

"Hey I was going to hit the bed na, care to even congratulate me man lang kung ayaw mo sagutin tawag ko?"

Two minutes, 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, ok fine! She would not reply. I am calling her for the last time now, oh by the way base on my phone record this will be the 93rd time since earlier this afternoon after the win.
And why is she not answering parin!! Nakakapikon itong babaeng ito!! But just before i turned my phone off finally she decided to answer.

But there was silence, so ano? Wala man lang "hello" ano nanaman kaya ito?

"Ehem, care to atleast say hello?"

"Thirds, pls rest na. May training pa kayo bukas."

"Oh? So you are concern now that I might be tired huh?"

"Kung tumawag ka lang to snap at me, lets just drop this."

"Tumawag? Bea tumatawag, kanina pa ako tumatawag. Well if you have difficulty understanding between the words tumawag and tumatawag wala akong time para sa Filipino lessons for now!"

Ok, I snapped! So what? Naiinis ako, sobrang naiinis na dapat masayang masaya ako kasi nanalo kai ng game 1 pero here is Bea, after not watching despite me giving her the ticket tapos wala man lang paramdam kahit text after the game is just amazingly irritating!

"What now? You swallowed your tongue?"

"Ok, congratulations and I am sorry. Would that be ok? Thirds pagod ka lang eh."

I stood up and brushed my hair with my hands almost wanting to throw the phone on the wall.

"Oh yeah, pagod ako sobrang pagod ako Bea. But not just because of the game. Mas napapagod ako mag isip bakit ka ganyan? Why you should not showed up after me giving you tickets and not even answering your phone after? My brain has been all over the place of possibilities of what might be your reason for doing so? And you know what I know that eh, that kind of treatment? Hindi ko lang pinapansin nung mga nakaraang linggo pero you are being weird. Prior today I know there is something going on, so you doing what you did today is making me crazy tired of thinking."

"Thirds, sorry sobrang busy lang talaga lately, alam mo naman diba, kailangan ko bumawi sa Grad School now that season is off in the PVL. But that was it."

"Ok ok"

I heave a sigh and shut my eyes and tried to  absorb what she had said.

"Ok, pero its Saturday Bea. Could you atleast give me 2 hours of your day? I gave you the tix yesterday and that---"

"And you assumed that I will use ot today. Sorry pero akala ko kasi maaga ako matatapos sa Nat Lib."

"Oh, so wala ka pala talagang planong manood? Ok,  sorry ha. Sige na ibaba ko na ito, maybe I am taking too much of your precious time."

"Thirds no, pls.----"

I just turned off the phone and throw it over the bed and kick on the air. Bwisit!

I check the time on the table, it reads 10:00 PM, i grabbed my towel and walked towards the bathroom. Matutulog nalang ako.

+

"Yes po Ya Nors?"

Sumilip lang ako sa pinto dahil inaantok na talaga ako.

"Bumaba ka ngang bata ka. Papapuntahin mo dito ng ganiting oras ang girlfriend mo tapos hindi mo sasagutin ang cellphone mo!"