Recovery

The white ceiling that blurred into view was unfamiliar, the harsh white lighting telling her exactly where she was – the hospital. If the ceiling hadn't told her that, then the smell would have. It smelt sterile, the stench of whatever industrial standard cleaner they used permeating her nostrils. For Ruby that would've been complete hell, but for Reyna it was OK. Slightly annoying, but bearable. Then again, she didn't have a nose as sharp as her sister's – one which was comparable to a bloodhound's.

Her head turned, her neck clicking as she pulled herself onto her elbows, wincing as pain shot through her body. She felt stiff, though it was no surprise, considering she'd been unconscious for a fair few days. A handcuff rattled, signalling to whoever was waiting outside she was awake, and the shadowy figure outside vanished... no doubt to tell his superiors the supposed civilian had woken up.

Grunting, she pushed herself into a sitting position, her fingers fumbling for the little lock pick she'd always managed to pass as a hairclip. "Amateurs." She muttered, smirking as she heard the little click and then she was free. Her feet hit the ground, the world spinning momentarily as she rose to her feet, holding onto the bed for support. Her gaze slid to the side, fixing on a tray of medical equipment on the side, a small smile creeping onto her lips when she spotted the silver scalpels. "I take that back." She said, sliding one between each finger. "These guys are idiots."

"So she's finally awake..." The handle turned, opening the door slowly, slamming shut just as quickly. Five scalpels embedded themselves in the wood, the dull thud audible in the sudden silence that had fallen. "Wasn't she secured to the bed?!"

"Yep."

Reyna smirked, wincing in the next second as the bullet holes riddling her body made themselves known to her again.

The door was slammed open in seconds, a man charging towards her before she could recover. "Shoot." She hissed, stumbling back, throwing two more scalpels towards him.

"Too late." A wide grin appeared on his face, dodging the tiny little projectiles with apparent ease. "Gotcha." One hand closed around each wrist, his fingers tightening painfully until the rest of her weapons fell to the ground. "Get the wheelchair. We need to get her to her appointment."

"Get off." Reyna threw him the scariest glare she could muster, bloodlust radiating off her in waves.

"No." The man sung, smiling still as she was knocked off her feet by the wheelchair ramming into the back of her legs. Her hands were fastened to the armrests in seconds, the cuffs clinking whenever she moved.

"Where are you taking me?" A scowl marred her face, pure loathing written across her face, until she heard the familiar voice from beside her.

"Reyna?" Blaise glanced sideways at her from her own wheelchair, where she was sporting a bandaged ankle.

"What's going on?!"

She shrugged, content with just being wheeled along by her sister. "No clue."

"So why the hell are you so calm?!"

"I'm always calm, Reyna... well... unless you're being attacked..." A wide grin spread across her face, the man wheeling her along paling at the small flicker of bloodlust that radiated out into the air. He'd seen her handiwork on the shooter, and it hadn't been a pretty sight. Anyone who'd seen Blaise that day could certify that she was a complete monster when she was angry – in more ways than one.

An office door clicked open, a brunette woman welcoming the pair of them, smiling slightly as their eyes lit up – having seen their other three siblings in the room.

"Shall we get down to business, then?" The woman asked, taking a seat behind her desk, staring at all the other occupants of the large room. "Both of your guardians are dead, and I'm not aware of any other relations who would be willing to take you in... It's also not very safe to just let you slip into the care system, given how much your parents have taught you..."

"Out with it." Rogue sighed, eyes narrowed, her body tense, ready to fight or flee.

"We'll find you a mentor, my dear Rogue... but seeing as the rest of your sisters are the right age..." She pulled out four completed forms. "I'd like to send them to school."