A Little Too Late

Bryce's POV
My eyes blurred with tears as I stood at the bottom of the hill staring at her. I ran up, like my life was depended on it. I grabbed my phone and called 911 explaining the situation to them. I untied the rope and she fell into my arms. "I can't believe you did this.." I sighed shakily as tears fell onto my hoodie. "You can't be dead, please Sammy." I checked her pulse and saw the ambulance lights. My eyes began to fill with more and more tears when I saw the paramedics running up the hill. "Sir, we're going to have to take her." "I know." I said letting them take her from my arms. "Bring her back.." I said quietly and they both gave me an apologetic smile. I watched them put her in the ambulance and drive away. I fall to my knees and cried into my hands. "We could've been happy Sam.."

After what seemed like hours, I try to collect myself. I ran back to my house with tears still falling. "Mom!" I screamed and she came running down the stairs. "Honey, what happened?" "Sammy..s-she's in the hospital..take me.." She grabbed her keys without thinking and I got in the unlocked car as it started to rain. "What happened?" She asked quietly while she backed out of the driveway. "I went to check up on her.." I sniffled and rubbed my eyes. "And you know how she likes that hill with tree..s-she was hanging there.." I said hardly even able to get the words out of my mouth. "Oh my.." Her hand flew over her mouth and I could see the tears that began to form in her eyes.

"Samantha Keller?" My mom asked. "Hold on.." The receptionist said and she called someone. I immediately started panicking and began to pace back and fourth. "Okay, she's in room 413 but she's in very critical condition and is on life support." My eyes widen and instead of taking the elevator, I raced up the stairs leaving my mom. I'm not going to waste one last moment that I could spend with Sam.

Once I got to her floor, I frantically looked around for her room and finally find it. I catch my breath before opening the door. The tears immediately over flowed my eyes, and I think I stopped breathing. "Sammy.." I whispered and then see the doctor. "I'll give you some time." He gave me a weak smile and I stared at him emotionless. I grabbed Samantha's cold hands and held them in mine. Her eyes fluttered open a bit. "Bry?" Her voice came out as a hoarse whisper. "It's me Sammy.." I sniffled. "Don't cry.." "I love you, Sammy. Why did you do this? We could've been happy together Sam. Just like we've always talked about. We could've finished high school and ran away with each other." I suddenly found myself becoming mad. "Bry..I-I love you..the l-letter on my d-desk.." "No you don't Sammy! If you had loved me, you wouldn't have done this! How am going to live without you?" She's silent. "Answer me Sammy!" My mother looked at me with tears streaming down her face and I'm pretty sure I looked the same.

Sam's parents aren't even here. Those stupid, drunk pieces of shits. "Sammy?" I looked back at her heart monitor and realized that it was a flat line. She's dead. My best friend is dead. The love of my life is dead. My soul mate is dead. I immediately regretted what I said to her and now I'm at a lose for words. "No Sammy, please.." I grip onto her hands, and tried to bring life back to her. "Sammy, you can't be dead." I cried into our hands. "No." I said to myself quietly as I fall to my knees. "No!" I say as the doctors came in. "No! Stop! Bring her back to life! It's not her time!" I screamed. My mom is pulled me away from Samantha's bed. "Let me go! They need to bring her back!" I struggled to be released from her but I soon gave up and slowly became what I've always tried to stay away from.

------------------------------

Sorry it took so long for an update.

Much love,

Cass xx