Feelings

Bryce's POV
"Bryce.." Addison said. She looked like she had been crying, there were large bags under her eyes and red rings. "I..I'm pregnant." My eyes widen and I take a step back from her.
"But we never.."
"I know, I had this thing with Andy and I-" I cut her off. Andy was a close friend of mine, we had been lacrosse teammates all throughout high school. I looked at her speechless,
"Well what the hell do you expect me to do? That's not my kid."
"Bryce I know but-"
"No Addison. It's not my kid, how do you expect me to take care of you who I don't know love and a kid that's not even mine?"
"Bryce, my parents kicked me out."
I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't. Why should I? This isn't my fault.
"Addison go to Andy then. You can't expect me to take care of you. I just lost the love of my life because of you."
"I came to you, because I know you have a heart. I figured you would at least let me stay until I could figure things out, like how to tell Andy."

I walked out side and sat in the drivers seat of her unlocked car. She got in the passenger's side.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.
"Give me your keys."
She looked at me oddly, but gave them to me anyway. I began to drive to Andy's house, which I'm sure Addison knew pretty well.

"Bryce.."
"You're going to have to sooner or later." I had no pity for her.

I pulled into the driveway of his house. "Do you want me to go in with you?" She shook her head.
"You gotta tell him Addison."
"I know, thank you for this." I nodded and she got out of the car, and slowly but confidently walked up the steps to Andy's front door. I watched the front door open, and then her walk in and the front door closed.

I waited in the driveway for thirty minutes before I got a text from Addison saying that she was staying. This was her car so I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I decided to drive it back to my house and she could pick it up later.

Once I arrived back at my house, it's like I was finally alone. Alone with my thoughts. I laughed to myself quietly. I looked in the mirror and just laughed even more. I look like shit. I took my dumb funeral clothes off and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the water on, and got in. The water was hot, too hot, but I liked the way it burned my skin. It let me know that I still could feel even though I felt completely numb. I stood there until the water got cold. I just stood there staring at the white tiles, debating things and thinking. Things that I would usually talk to Samantha about, things she would talk me out of and things she said were normal to feel. She would always make me feel better about things like this, but she left me. And I don't have anyone to talk to about these things. So I did them.

I felt the blood rush down my wrists, a feeling so odd, but so relieving at the same time. I hadn't felt this feeling in years. I opened up scars again, letting the blood flow, seeing it washed away with the water. I let out a sigh, and I felt a presence with me. I peeked my head out the curtain, no one was there. But I could feel her here. I knew she was here, and she was looking down at me, with tears in her eyes. I looked up, "Don't cry, baby." I said quietly.
"Bryce? Honey who are you talking to?" I heard my mom outside the bathroom.
"No one mom, no one."

I looked at my wrists, ashamed and relieved. I began to cry, knowing what she would say to me in this exact moment. She would be upset, and blame herself, but she would consult me. Help me through it and kiss all my open wounds. And she would tell me that it would be okay and that she'd always be here. And then I'd have to make a promise to her. Which I'd just end up breaking just as I always did.

I finally turned the water off and got out. I ruffled my hair with a towel, and put on a black long sleeve shirt and gray sweatpants. I wrapped bandages around my wrists and looked at myself in the mirror again. I could feel her hugging me from behind and I wanted to scream. I stormed out of the bathroom and walked into my room slamming the door. I got my phone and put my headphones on turning the volume up all the way.

"Bry!" My mom pulled my headphones off. "What?" I said annoyed.
"You have to go back to school tomorrow. You haven't gone in a week."
"Whatever. I'll go when I feel like it."
"No, you'll go tomorrow, and that's final." "Whatever." I said taking my headphones back and putting them back on. She shook her head at me and walked out. I made a face at her as she walked out. Guess I'm going back to hell tomorrow..