Hanging By a Thread

I climb up the tree slowly and carefully, trying not to drop the rope I was holding. "I think is high enough.." I mumble to myself quietly. I tied the rope tight to a tree branch and climbed down to that branch. I clung tightly to it. I slid my head through the loop but didn't let go yet. "This is it..you had a good life Sammy. A real good one.." I sighed quietly and looked around one last time. "Goodbye Bryce.." I let go and felt all the blood rush to my face. The longer I hung the dizzier I got. I finally faced the blackness I was looking for...

Bryce's POV
I'm so lost, I love Sammy with all my heart. Not Addison. Addison is just another girl, some girl who I thought I loved at one point. I want to be with Sammy, not her. I'm honestly not even sure why I'm still with her. But Samantha tells me to go to Addison. I have no idea why, because I know it brings so pain much to her for me to be with Addison.

I felt the urge to check on her, but she said she'd be alright. But this is Sammy, when is she ever just alright? What if this is her final straw? What if this is the end for her? The urge to check is too much to resist.

I leaped out of bed and dig through my closest. Damn, Sam has my favorite hoodie. I find some other one laying on the floor and grab it before running out my room. I slide down the rail on the stairs and jump off about half way down. As I pull my shoes, I feel a sharp sensation at the back of my head and the sound of something hitting the floor follows. "How many times have I told you, don't slide down the stairs. You'll hurt yourself. Now, where are you going?" My mom asked. Without looking I reply, "I'm gonna go on a walk. Maybe I'll stop by the store and get some chocolate bars." I slammed the door behind me as I walked down the street. As soon as I'm out of her sights, I circled around the house and started sprinting towards Sam's "Come on, I'm almost there." I said quietly. As soon as I say that I find myself tumbling down the road. "Curse my shoelaces always being untied!" I yelled. I get up and started sprinting again. Then I see the hill, and the tree, and her..