These Final Moments

Once I got home, I sat down at my desk and plopped my ear buds in. I pulled out my notebook and my favorite black pen. This notebook isn't just a notebook, it holds everything. My favorite songs, memories, poems, quotes and now this one letter.

Dear Bryce,
If you're reading this, it must've been too late. Hopefully you knew where to look. I had told you if I was ever going to die, I wanted it to be by that tree. You probably found me pale, broken, and dead. Hanging on the tree that holds so many memories. I'm sorry for doing this to you, but I couldn't do it any longer. I couldn't hang on any longer, and you knew this time would come.

You know how I always carried a black notebook around with me? I want you to have them. There's a few and all of them hold the last three years of my life. I also want you to have all of my albums and books.

You're one of the only people I know who really understands music. But there's another reason, and you'll realize why later. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart.

Ever since you told me that I could trust you. For some odd reason I was able to tell you everything and in that one summer I told you everything I had ever felt. All my secrets had been exposed to you and you never told anyone, and from that moment on, I knew that this friendship would last forever. You had changed me into a better person that summer.

Tonight, I knew that everything had to end here. That neither of us could do this any longer. Especially not me, I've always been the weaker one out of the both of us. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. I had mental break downs, anxiety and panic attacks, and stress. So I said to myself, this is it Sam, your happy ending. The one you've always wanted. I'm happy because I died loving you Bry. I love you.
Forever and Always,
Your Samantha

My hands were trembling as I slid the folded paper in the envelope. I sealed it, and wrote his name on it. I left his sweater on and put on the bracelet he had given me about a year ago.

The walk through the yards, the fields, and up the hill seemed to be longer then any other walk up I've taken up here. I stare up at the tree. My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Bryce. I sighed quietly and answered for the last time. "Hey Bry." My vision started to blur. "Sam, promise you'll be okay?" "I told you, I promise." "I love you Sammy." My heart clenched, and the lump in my throat made it impossible for me to talk. "I love you Bryce.."