The White Witch - 34 (Lucas's POV)

The bell rang, signalling it was time for lunch. I walked down the corridor's slowly, keeping my head down. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. 

I was half way down the lower level science corridor when a pair of feet entered my vision. I scrunched my brows in confusion as I looked up to see Bridget stood there in front of me. She looked nervous all of a sudden as I looked at her. 

I frowned, why was she so nervous? 

"Lucas.." She started. Her mouth snapped shut as my gaze met hers and suddenly an awkward silence filled the air. 

I let out a sigh as I realized she wasn't going to say anything else before stepping around her and continuing down the corridor. 

It took every fibre of my being not to turn back and talk to her. It was like my brain was screaming at me, telling to back and tell her that I was sorry and that she wasn't dangerous. To tell her that I hated being away from her for all this time. 

But I didn't. I ignored that horrible aching inside my chest and continued down the hallway without a single glance back. 

I hastened to the art room and took out my packed lunch before wandering towards the back of the room to find my art folder. 

My gaze landed on the canvas which stood at the side of the the folders, still unfinished. 

"Lucas! Back again?" Mr Quidley - my art teacher - said as he stepped in to the room with a lunch tray. 

"Yeah, need to finish that Van Gogh work." I shrugged. 

"Which picture was it that you chose again?" He asked, walking towards the desk where I had now set my folder upon. 

"Starry Night Over the Rhone." I replied as I pulled the piece from my folder to show him. He bent down and looked at the picture carefully.

"It's good so far." He smiled, "Maybe you should think more carefully about the colour you used there though." 

I nodded my head in agreement. There was very limited colours when it came to pencils or pastels but this was a multi media project so maybe I should use paint for that bit instead and mix the right colour? 

My eyes drifted back to the canvas as I made my way towards the back of the room again to fetch the paints. I sucked in a deep breath as the big eyes - one still un coloured - stared back at me.

"Is it ok if I take that home with me tonight?" I asked, nodded my head towards the canvas.

Mr Quidley looked up to see what I was talking about and smiled.

"Ah the mystery lady." He said, "Of course, it's your own project you can do what you want with it."

I smiled in return, giving the picture one last glance before fetching the equipment I needed to finish my work and headed back to the table before eating my lunch while I worked. It was so peaceful in there that when the bell finally rang, I jumped.

******

When school finally finished, I hurried to the art room to pick up the canvas before going home.

I sat in the middle of my room, a big sheet under the canvas so that I wouldn't get paint all over the place.

Paints, brushes and a jug of water were all scattered around me along with a pencil and some tissues (incase I made a mistake and needed to dab at it. - Not the best way but it makes it fade so it's easier to paint over it.) 

I had been working on the painting for just over an hour when Leah suddenly burst through my door. 

"Could you knock?!" I almost yelled, frowning as I tried to cover up the picture. Ok, I shouldn't have gotten so angry with her, but I was embarrassed. I didn't want her to see the painting.