The White Witch - 22 part 2

"We're together." I said, a blush creeping up onto my cheeks. 

"So he asked you after all then? See I told you not to worry." Leah said as she sat down beside me. 

"Well, not exactly..." I said, Leah gave me a questioning look as I picked at the nail varnish which was already chipped on my nails, "It's a long story."

"Oh well, ANYWAY." She said, now standing up again. She began to pace her room, an excited look on her face. "So the girls have asked me to join them next weekend, they're going to do some actual magic. Big stuff! And I get to join in, I can't wait." 

"Leah, what do you mean by 'big stuff?' what are you going to do?" I asked with a frown. 

"Well, why don't you come too and see for yourself?" She replied. I nodded my head, I wasn't sure I liked the sound of it, maybe I would have to go and check it out. 

"Anyway, I'm going for a shower now, I'll let you two love birds get back to whatever it was you were doing." Leah said as she walked towards her bedroom doo, sending me a wink. I gave her a tight smile before going back downstairs. 

I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right with those women, what if Leah was getting herself into trouble? 

"Hey, what's up?" Lucas asked as I slumped down on the sofa. I shrugged as I pressed 'play' so we could finish watching the movie. I felt Lucas come closer, I turned my head to look at him and almost jumped when I saw his face right in front of mine. 

My eyes trailed along his face for a moment, he still looked good even this close. He had a very light sprinkling of freckles over his nose and his eyes looked so bright, they held excitement and laughter in them. I felt my heart squeeze in my chest as his lips pressed against mine. 

The feel of his lips sent my body crazy and my mind racing, just as it had every other time. I couldn't get over how warm and soft they always felt. It made me feel a little self conscious of my slightly dry lips, why couldn't mine be soft like his? 

Lucas gave me a small smile before turning back to the screen in front of us as his arm snaked around my shoulders. 

I stayed smiling through the rest of the movie, even at the end when I had tears in my eyes after finding out the main characters girlfriend was dead and the past ten minutes where he was so happy with her, was all in his head because he hadn't accepted it. 

I watched as they both cried as her gave her one last kiss before she could finally move on to the 'next world'. It was so sad. 

I should probably explain, he can see dead people. 

But even though it was such a sad ending, I couldn't help but feel happy as I sat in Lucas's arms, I just felt so comfortable around him. 

*************

When five o'clock rolled around, Lucas grabbed the phone to order pizza before calling for Leah to come down so that he could ask what pizza she wanyed. While he was on the phone, Leah stood making faces as him and I couldn't help laughing as he did his best to ignore her. 

It wasn't often you saw them together like this. For twins, they seemed pretty distant from one another, but in the rare moments when they acted like this, I was glad to be around to witness them. 

"Can I paint your nails?" Leah asked as Lucas put the phone back in it's holder. 

"Um, sure." I said. Leah rumaged through the bag which was sat on the arm chair until she pulled out two small bottles of nail varnish. 

"Midnight blue or licorice black?" She asked me as she held up the two bottles. 

"Is that really all the nail varnish you own?" Lucas asked her with a slight smirk on his face as she nodded with a grin. 

"Times up! We're going with the black!" Leah exclaimed as she dragged me into the kitchen where we both sat at the table while she painted my nails, a look of concentration took over her face as I watched in silence. 

Leah was almost done painting my nails when we hear the rattle of the front door handle before it opened and closed. 

"I'm home!" Connie called out. My eyes widened, what if she asked why I was there and then said that I couldn't stay over? Lucas must have been thinking the same thing because he rushed into the other room after telling Leah and I to 'stay here'. 

We could hear them chatting in the other room, Connie was telling him how she was just going to get ready and would be out again in an hour before she told him she would leave some money on the coffee table for dinner. 

"Where's Leah?" Connie asked.

"She's out, she went to Bridgets." Lucas lied smoothly. Connie must have just nodded or something because the next sound we heard was her rushing up the stairs to start getting ready. 

"Looks like I don't have to pay for the pizza after all." Lucas said as he entered the room, a smirk took place on his face as he watched me wafting my hands about, waiting for the nail varnish to dry. 

We spent the next ten minutes chatting while waiting for the pizza to arrive. Lucas was busy picking on his sister when there was a knock on the door. The soft thud of someone making their way down the stairs could be heard as Lucas got up to leave the room. 

"It's just dinner mum, I'll get it." He called to her, "You want any?" 

"No thanks, I gotta go soon." She called back before heading back up the stairs. 

We had already finished eating when Connie finally left, Leah headed back up to her room, saying she would leave us alone for a bit and sending a wink over her shoulder as she went. 

My cheeks heated up a little at the suggestion that was held within that wink. I looked up at Lucas to see that he was smirking at me, oh god! Could he tell that I was blushing? 

"Should we watch another movie or do you want to go up to my room?" He asked. I searched his face for any indication of what he meant by that last bit but he was giving me a completely blank look as he sat waiting for me to answer. 

"Um, well we could take my stuff up to your room now?" I said quietly, not wanting to give him the wrong impression. 

Lucas gave me a quick nod before leading me out of the room. He grabbed my bag from the floor where it had been sitting in front of the sofa and slung it over his shoulder as we made our way up the stairs. 

"The bag really suits you." I teased, he shook his head before looking back at me. 

"Did you like Odd Thomas then?" He asked, reffering to the film we had watched earlier. 

"Yeah, it's pretty sad at the end though." I repleied as we entered the room. It looked just the same as it had the first time I saw it, only a little tidier this time. 

"Take a seat." Lucas said, guestuing towards his bed. I felt my cheeks going red once again as I made my way over to the bed, Lucas chuckling behind me, "I don't get it. How comes a girl as cool as you blushes so easily?"

"Sorry." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't be, It's cute." He replied as he sat beside me and kissed the tip of my nose, "You're cute." 

Suddenly his lips were on mine, one hand on my waist and the other holding the back of my head. My heart began to pound in my chest as I kissed him back with all I had, my hands running through his hair. This kiss was the most heated one we had shared so far and I found myself never wanting that moment to end.