The White Witch - 3

The day passed slowly, each lesson a drag. I hadn't seen Leah yet but I had noticed Cherrie had been in my English lesson. Part of me had wanted to sit with her, but I wasn't sure how she would feel about that. 

Instead, I avoided eye contact with her and went to fine a seat along the back row. A girl had sat next to me, but no words were passed between us. 

New schools always made me feel so lonely. 

When the bell finally rang for lunch, I wasn't sure whether to be relieved or not. I wandered down the corridor slowly as students bustled ahead of me. I started to get lost in my own little world, as I often did when I was by myself.

I was taking a trip down memory lane when suddenly, I felt a hand grasping onto my shoulder. I almost screamed, my heart hammering in my chest, 

"Oh my god! you should see you face!" Leah exclaimed beside me, almost doubling up in laughter.

"Yeah, thanks for that," I said sarcastically.

Leah rolled her eyes before walking a few steps ahead of me, "Whatever, hurry up I'm starving." 

We reached the dinner hall, I looked around the noisy room with distaste. Why were teenagers so...unruly? I walked over to our usual table where Cherie and Riley were already sat swapping saliva while Leah went to join the line to buy her lunch. 

I pulled out my sandwiches, frowning at how soggy and limp they looked in comparison to the school made ones. Maybe I should start buying my lunch to? 

I couldn't help but let my eyes wander around the room as I chewed slowly on my food. I still didn't really know anyone here, but then when you move around a lot you find it's easier making as few friends as possible. 

"Bridge, has Leah said anything to you?" Cherie asked. 

"About what?" I replied. 

"Well, about me. She's been acting weird lately." She said. 

"I don't think I really know her enough for her to come to me about anything, maybe she's just been busy or something?" I offered. 

"No, it's more than that. She has been off with me ever since me and Riley got together but lately it's been getting worse. Like all she cares about is her stupid coven you know? She doesn't have time for me anymore." She said. My ears pricked up at the mention of a coven. 

Cherie saw the questioning look on my face and sighed. 

"Look, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I just don't know what's gotten into her." She said. I nodded, I wanted to ask more questions about this whole coven thing but I didn't want to press the matter when she had said she shouldn't have mentioned it. 

Leah returned to the table with a smile, only now Cherie had told me how things were between the two of them, I could tell it was fake. Yesterday I wouldn't have noticed it in the slightest, but it was unmistakably there. 

"Cherie, will you come with me tonight?" Leah asked. 

"Look Leah, I'm not interested in meeting some weirdo's off the internet. And you shouldn't be either! They could like, murder you or something!" Cherie exclaimed. I could tell this was a conversation they'd had before, and Cherie was clearly getting tired of it. 

"They're not weirdo's! Why can't you just do this one thing for me? All you ever do is hang around with that dip-shit." Leah said, gesturing towards Riley who held his hands up. 

"Whoa, what did I do?" He asked. 

"Shut up." Cherie and Leah said in unison before Cherie turned to Leah, "That 'dip-shit' happens to be my boyfriend, and he's been much better company than you ever since you got involved in all that crappy witch stuff." 

"Yeah well, like I care what you think? You're nothing but a stuck up tart anyway." Leah pretty much shouted as she stood up from her seat. 

"Better than being a frigged little trollop like you." Cherie countered before storming out of the room, Riley following close behind her. 

"What a great birthday this is turning out to be." I mumbled to my apple.

"It's your birthday?" Leah asked as she sat back down, paying no attention to all of the people who were now staring at us. 

"Um, yeah." I said reluctantly. 

"You should come with me tonight, it'll be fun." She said. 

"Ah, I can't." I said. 

"What, you got plans already?" She asked. 

"Yeah something like that. We were just going to do something together as the family tonight you know?" I said. 

"Well that sucks, how about tomorrow?" She tried again. 

"You know what, I'm actually quite interested in finding out about this coven stuff, count me in." I said before gathering my things, right before the bell rung for fourth period. 

Who would have thought it, I'm going to see a real coven. Maybe they'll even let me be a part of it? I couldn't keep the grin off my face. Witches had always fascinated me, but for now I have to concentrate on tonight. 

Time to see if I was really coming into my powers. 

                    ****************************************************************************

Blah, pretty rubbish chapter I know, I had a lot planned in my head last night but I seem to have forgotten it all so this is all I could come up with xD