The White Witch - 11

Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes as he ran his hands up my sides, moving his kisses to my cheek before traveling down my neck. My cup fell out of my hand, the drink splashing over his shoes, but he didn't even stop to look. 

I tried shoving him off me again but only now did I realize just how much smaller I am than him. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what he was going to do. 

I felt the hot tears beginning to leak, falling slowly down my cheeks. I was scared. 

Not even a minute later, the guy was being shoved back roughly by the shoulder. I couldn't see who had pulled him off me as the guy was obscuring my view, but I made a mental note to thank them afterwards. 

"What the hell?" The guy growled at whoever had pulled him back. 

"What do you think you were doing?! She clearly wanted you to stop!" A familiar voice snapped at him. My breath hitched in my throat, I stepped slowly to the side so I could see him.

Lucas. He looked so good under the moonlight, even as rage was clear on his face, his hands clenched by his sides. He looked...beautiful. I know that's an odd way to describe a guy, but it was the only word that fitted. 

"Oh come on, we were having fun. It's not like I was hurting her." The guy to defend himself. 

"Gary, she wanted you to stop, it doesn't matter if you were hurting her or not." Lucas said. 

"For gods sake, I don't know why you're making such a fuss. I bet she does this kind of thing all the time." He said. I stepped back, feeling like I had been slapped. Did I really come across as that kind of girl? 

Lucas's face contorted with anger before his fist connected with the guy who's name I had now learned was Gary's face. A sickening crack filled the air and Gary began screaming out in pain, blood pouring from his nose. 

I stood there, staring with wide eyes. Lucas really didn't look like the kind of guy who would go around punching people. My heart swelled a little in my chest at the thought of him doing this for me, protecting me. 

That's when a thought occurred to me. Did I have a crush on Lucas? 

"Stay the hell away from her!" He yelled at Gary before his gaze snapped to mine. Anger was still clear in his eyes as he made his way towards me, roughly grabbing my hand, "we need to find Leah, we're going home." 

***************

It didn't take us long to find Leah. She was stood in the hallway, arguing with Cherrie. Somehow, this didn't surprise me. Riley was stood in the background looking embarrassed. 

"Come on Cherrie, we were only dancing." He said, taking her hand and trying to calm her down.

"This isn't about you dancing together!" She snapped, pulling away from him, "this is about that jealous bitch trying to take you from me." 

Leah said nothing as Cherrie started moving towards her. 

"You couldn't stand it could you? You couldn't stand the fact that he like me instead of you!" She yelled. 

"What, I couldn't stand that the boy I liked, liked my best friend? Or the fact that my so called best friend is a back stabbing whore who chose to go out with the boy that she KNEW I liked?!" Leah yelled back. 

My eyes widened, how long had they been holding all of this in? I was sure Riley and Cherrie had been together for at least a year now. 

"Wait, what? What's going on?" Riley asked, looking confused as hell. 

"Stay out of this." Cherrie pretty much growled at him. She moved even closer to Leah, grabbing her roughly by the arm, "You-". 

"Get off her." Lucas snarled, pulling Cherrie's hand from his sister's arm, and even in this bad situation, I couldn't help the small tug at my lips as I watched him protecting his sister. Then it hit me, was he just protecting me because I was his sisters friend? Or did he actually care? 

Lucas nodded his head in the direction of the door and Leah walked out, Lucas and I following close behind her. Lucas sighed as we walked down the street together. 

"Well. That night didn't go as well as planned." Leah muttered. 

"You don't know the half of it." Lucas said, wrapping an arm around Leah's shoulder, "you OK?" 

Leah nodded, resting her head on his shoulder. Suddenly I felt like I was intruding on a private moment. I felt like the odd one out, like I had been forgotten. Just as the thought passed through my mind, Leah turned to me. 

"Did you have a good night at least? Sorry I left you for so long, I did plan on coming back." She said, giving me a small apologetic smile. 

"Yeah, it was fine." I said, trying to avoid Lucas's gaze as my cheeks reddened at the thought of what had really happened. 

We reached Leah and Lucas's house and I thought I was going to have to walk the rest of the way home by myslef. I said goodbye and turned to leave as Leah went in to the house, when suddenly I felt someone beside me. 

I looked up to see Lucas walking along with me. 

"Can't leave you to walk alone in the middle of the night can I?" He said with a slight smirk. I smiled, saying nothing. 

We continued the rest of the journey in silence, not speaking until we reached my garden gate. I turned to face Lucas who was looking over at my house. 

"Look, I want to say thank you. For earlier." I said quietly. His gaze snapped down to mine. 

"It's fine." He shrugged. 

"No it's not. I was so scared." I said, a single tear running down my face at the memory. Lucas pulled me in for a hug, his arms wrapping around me tightly. I felt so warm and safe in his arms, I wound my own around his waist. 

"Shh. It's OK." He whispered, placing a small kiss to my head, "I'll see you on Monday."

And with that, he walked away. I couldn't help staring after him for a moment or two before I went in to my house. The lights were off and I was glad my parents weren't up, All I wanted was to go to bed.